Stab HH90 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KennyR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
W W WV
Motor moves west normal , east is really slow. I have had no luck finding a circuit board which i think is the problem. google is not being my friend. tried stab web site no help either.
I think water may have gotten in the coax connection on motor, but not sure that caused the issue.motor works fine when i took it off the pole and removed the dish and brought it in the house and took it apart the hooked it up at the receiver. put it back up this evening and same issue. thanks for any help. (tried different receivers and took small tv and receiver to dish also same thing. the dish is 36" fortec star.)

Thanks, I had checked there already, all they had for stab was a couple tube adapters.

Mine does the same I just try to pick a transponder that has Horizontal rather than vertical don't ask me to explain it but seems to move better.

We used to provide the US warranty repairs for STAB products.

I will have our staff check for a HH90 PCB tomorrow. You might be a few months late as we recycled most non-contracted manufacturer parts last spring..... :(

Like the previous poster suggests, is the polarity set to a Horizontal transponder (providing 18vdc) when moving West, but to Vertical transponder (13vdc) when moving East? This lower vertical voltage will cause the motor to move much slower than when a horizontal transponder is selected.

Last edited:
Thanks, hope you find me one. I am aware or the 13 18 volt speed diff. but this is real slow east only on h or v. at the dish you can take the dish load off and it moves a little bit faster, but still not like it should.

Sounds like a motor or bushing/bearing problem. Another thought is dirty relay contacts for the motor.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

After google -ing for parts or a solution ran across a post at sadoun .net (Bubby-joe posted in feb.2009). I recently had moved my dish to a better location (Odd that it worked for a few days this way) and unknowingly tightened the upper motor mount bolt to tight.I loosened it up, the barely tightened it and now it works fine. I would have never thought. thanks to everyone who offered help. this is a good place to visit.

... thanks to everyone who offered help. this is a good place to visit.
Some of us thought so years ago, and have stayed.
Be a regular and hang out. No telling what you'll learn.
And maybe you'll have good things to share, too!

HH90 reinstalled and working fine.los amazonas 61w to 125w, 2011-09-15 19.27.48.jpg painted the 36" fortec star dish black to match the rest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)