Stab HH90 Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pi314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
WI
After many delays and setbacks I will finally purchase a STAB HH90 dish motor this week for my GeoSat Pro 90cm. I see a few on e-bay, however World Wide Satellites also have them. Any other sources out there?

This will introduce a second motor into my system.

Currently, the Amiko connects directly to the v-box, the v-box to the receiver port on the 4-way diseqc switch.

Should the v-box be on port 1 of the diseqc 4-way instead of on the receiver port? This way the Amiko would be directly connected to the receiver port of the 4-way switch and diseqc commands will be routed to both port 1 and port 2?

Current.png Proposed.png
Or setup USALS for the 90cm dish and diseqc 1.2 for the c-band dish?

(Thanks Fat Air for helping me visualize this last summer)

Mine goes from my receiver to an ASC-1 then to the HH90 then to the switch. Then of course all LNB's/LNBF's come off the switch. When adding anything to the ASC-1 I disconnect the coax going out to the dishes/HH90/switch.
This keeps the HH90 from storing the DiSEqC 1.2 commands.
I use DiSEqC 1.2 for the ASC-1 and USALS for the HH-90.

Reactions: Titanium
For the least amount of signal attenuation, I rewired to:

Receiver--->8-port Diseqc switch----- Port 1- C-band actuator controller; Port 3- Ku dish with Stab HH-120 motor

Here is a diagram of the current setup:
Wiring diagram-2.png
The only problem with this is the power for the Ku motor now goes through the Diseqc switch. I've been trying to figure out an external power supply that will work with my setup without modifying the motor. As shown in the diagram,the PI-21 power injector and splitter didn't work.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I think I might get an ASC-1 as well this weekend.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts