Star Choice LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

foobar

Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
I purchased a Twinhan StarBox today and I have a Starchoice dish mounted on my house so I wanted to see what I could pick up. The dish is correctly pointed as I receive channels on my GI receiver. But wanted to see what else was on the satellites. I am having problems getting any signal and figure my LNB setup is wrong.

I have the following choices in the Software:
LNB Power : ON/OFF
LNB Type: Normal/Universal/Custom
LNB Freq 1: (editable if custom)
LNB Freq 2: (editable if custom)
22KHz Tone: Enable/Disable
Tone Burst: Enable/Disable
Data Burst: Enable/Disable
DiSEqc: Enable/Disable

Just wondering what these values should be for the standard star choice LNBs; I have a dual LNB elliptic dish.

Is it the 2 "beer can" LNB or the quad?

LNB type is standard (normal)
LNB freq 1 is 10750
LNB freq 2 is 10750
22k is off (disable)
the rest are disable.

Starchoice LNB

They are the Beer Cans.

I was just trying it out; I do want to put a circular LNB dish up too. Anyone know where to get a cheap one ?

Should be ale to come across one at a garage sale or thrift store, the single output DBS LNB's are more or less obsolete!

Can't offer a whole lot of help, but I read somewhere the Local LMB frequency for the starchoice LMBs are 10750 Or something like that?

The 22Khz tone is only to switch between which lmb you want to use as the Starchoice Switch is a 22Khz switch, Sat A = No 22Khz Tone, Sat B = 22KHz On.

I was gonna play with my Starchoice Dish and my Pansat 2700 to see what I could find on the Anik birds but couldn't get it working... but then my neighbor is a tree lover and it's hard to find a clear spot in the yard that isn't invaded by a tree of some kind...

- Mike

foobar said:
I purchased a Twinhan StarBox today and I have a Starchoice dish mounted on my house so I wanted to see what I could pick up. The dish is correctly pointed as I receive channels on my GI receiver. But wanted to see what else was on the satellites. I am having problems getting any signal and figure my LNB setup is wrong.

I have the following choices in the Software:
LNB Power : ON/OFF
LNB Type: Normal/Universal/Custom
LNB Freq 1: (editable if custom)
LNB Freq 2: (editable if custom)
22KHz Tone: Enable/Disable
Tone Burst: Enable/Disable
Data Burst: Enable/Disable
DiSEqc: Enable/Disable

Just wondering what these values should be for the standard star choice LNBs; I have a dual LNB elliptic dish.

What sat is it pointed at ?

Check the Ku transponders for that sat on lyngsat.com & see if you are scanning those TP's with your USB box software ?

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)