Star Choice using WaveFrontier T-90

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I disconnected the 111.1W LNBF and the SW22 switch. I'm going directly from the 107.3W to the DSR505. When I power up the receiver it says
"Acqiring satellite signal. Please wait."
I'm still waiting. Nothing is happening.

I think I found the problem. I swapped the Xtreme II I had been using for 107.3W with an extra LNBF (a Zinwell) that I had.
Now on the "Satellite Signal 1" screen I get the following:
EMM Provider ID: 0
Satellite Name: A4
Signal Level Number: 56
Tomorrow I'll try tweeking this.

the signal I don't go by. The Ebno (options 6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic c) works much better and is like the quality meter on a free to air dish :)

The signal will show between 20-60 if a LNB is hooked up regardless of where its aimed

The + number in the right corner is the EbNo # and will allow you to fine tune the signal

Attachments

• ANIKF1 1.JPG
    ANIKF1 1.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 141
  • ANIKF1 2.JPG
    ANIKF1 2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 134
say what?

I disconnected the 111.1W LNBF and the SW22 switch...
This is nit-picking , but you said: SW22 switch.
It's a 22khz switch.
They are not interchangeable.
I assume you have the correct equipment, but it never hurts to make sure. :)

edit: oops, you're obviously just fine:
With regards to the 22k switch , will the Sadoun S-SM21H 2-way 22KHz multi-switch ( http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/S-SM21H-2-way-switch.htm) do the job?

Finally, success!
I got authorized for programming today and everything seems to be working. I'm receiving channels from both Anik F1 and F2. The HD channels have a black band on top, bottom, and both sides. Changing Video Settings didn't fix this. I guess it's because I'm still using a SD TV . The SD channels are all fine. I'm hoping to get a large screen LCD HDTV later this year, probably in the fall.
Checking signal strength randomly on a number of different channels, both on F1 and F2 the Ecb/No's ranged from 7.4dB ---> 8.1dB. I might do some additional tweeking next weekend. Anybody know if these numbers seem OK for Southern California?

I was under the impression that Bev and StarChoice were not available to US residents. Is this true? If so, how can a person in the US subscribe to these services? Thanks!

I was under the impression that Bev and StarChoice were not available to US residents. Is this true? If so, how can a person in the US subscribe to these services? Thanks!

SC & EVu are available to Canadian addresses only. So if you dont have one, you can go through a program broker

hello i want to know if with these dish t90 i can actually get 110 119 116.8w satmex5 in other way is possible to get the c band satellites such us 116.8w , 40.5w, 58.0w 113.0w

i want to see if is possible with a coolsat 6000 preimun

hello i want to know if with these dish t90 i can actually get 110 119 116.8w satmex5 in other way is possible to get the c band satellites such us 116.8w , 40.5w, 58.0w 113.0w

i want to see if is possible with a coolsat 6000 preimun
Anole allready answered your question about C band at this link:http://www.satelliteguys.us/954451-post2.html.
The 110, 119, & 116.8 - satmex 5 Satellites are all encrypted and not usable for FTA in general. If you use a reversed LNB you can receive NASA on 119 FTA plus some music channels.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts