Star Trek Discovery

I'm going to have to start over again if they aren't coming out until next year. I'm 73 I may have forgotten what the plot is.:)
Old Man Technology GIF by The Mole Agent

I'm going to have to start over again if they aren't coming out until next year. I'm 73 I may have forgotten what the plot is.:)
Old Man Technology GIF by The Mole Agent
This truly happens to me if I stop watching for too long in between seasons. Even recaps don't actually tell me too much. Manifest on Netflix was one I really had trouble remembering what was going on when it was still on network tv. Now I have seen the lastest season & I really want to know when they will come back and wrap this all up. :rolleyes:

- The show was and is awful. Had it not had "Star Trek" on it, it never would have been made, and if it was, would have been laughed off the air in a few episodes.

- Kurtzman's new contract, allegedly, is simply for "content" not "Star Trek content". Some sci fi YouTube commentators believe that Paramount may move on to other's vision of ST.

- If you remember, originally Paramount laid off some of the costs of this by selling the rights outside North America to Netflix. The show was so awful that eventually Netflix refused to pay and left Paramount to pay for the whole thing. Commentators believe that, with Paramount Plus bleeding money by the gallons per second with no end in sight, they will not try to produce another live action ST show unless they have a partner. This could be, again, selling foreign rights. Or it could mean simply selling the show to a US streamer that makes money (there only is the one), or licensing out the ST copyrights to another studio.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
This truly happens to me if I stop watching for too long in between seasons. Even recaps don't actually tell me too much. Manifest on Netflix was one I really had trouble remembering what was going on when it was still on network tv. Now I have seen the lastest season & I really want to know when they will come back and wrap this all up. :rolleyes:
Yes I'm in the Manifest "LifeBoat" also! Wish I had a calling to see what the ending is. :)

• Haha
Reactions: MikeD-C05
I usually go back and watch the last episode of the prior season, just to refresh my memory, before watching the new season. In the case of ST:Discovery, I've never bothered. Since each season is a 10-episode story arc and only relies loosely on the season before it (especially since jumping 900+ years into the future), the recap is typically enough to remind me of what happened so that it saves me the pain (pain pertaining mainly to Discovery) of revisiting the end of the prior arc.

It's really sad, actually. Discovery had the potential to be such a terrific show. Last season had exactly 1 episode I really enjoyed and actually remember the plot of it. I remember bits and pieces of some other episodes and the overall story arc of last season, so when they wrap it up this upcoming season (evidently next year???), I'll watch it, but won't likely be sad to see it end. SNW was far more enjoyable...

- The show was and is awful. Had it not had "Star Trek" on it, it never would have been made, and if it was, would have been laughed off the air in a few episodes.

- Kurtzman's new contract, allegedly, is simply for "content" not "Star Trek content". Some sci fi YouTube commentators believe that Paramount may move on to other's vision of ST.

- If you remember, originally Paramount laid off some of the costs of this by selling the rights outside North America to Netflix. The show was so awful that eventually Netflix refused to pay and left Paramount to pay for the whole thing. Commentators believe that, with Paramount Plus bleeding money by the gallons per second with no end in sight, they will not try to produce another live action ST show unless they have a partner. This could be, again, selling foreign rights. Or it could mean simply selling the show to a US streamer that makes money (there only is the one), or licensing out the ST copyrights to another studio.
It didn't start as awful, but after the 1st season it got infected with the "woke" virus, then it got progressively awful.

It didn't start as awful, but after the 1st season it got infected with the "woke" virus, then it got progressively awful.
I don't disagree. ONE reason STD was so awful was all the woke preaching. People come to science fiction to be entertained, not preached at. But leaving that aside, it just, uniquely among all versions of ST, simply at odds with what Roddenberry's vision of what ST is. ST, at its most elemental, had a 1960s view that the future was going to be bright. That science would solve the problems of our own age and the world to come was going to be a great place to live. STD was the opposite. Dark, filled with woke, hate, and shortage.

The most recent season, with the ridiculous idea that one could go 800 years in the future and still find a functioning galactic government that one recognizes, was really silly. Dark, sad, pessimistic. The opposite of what ST is supposed to be.

Hopefully, Paramount has the sense to get a new generation of writers and show runners that get it. Just look at Picard S3. The first ST that has been Kurtzman free in decades. Its not bad. Its not great, but its not bad.

Well, I finally brought myself to binge season 3. Right now, I'm on episode 3. Not bad at all. I didn't much like season 1, season 2 was great, and I never heard much good things about 3. Though, have to watch and see what happens.

Never was able to watch Deep Space Nine after season 3, to this day. Hated all 3 seasons, it just wasn't Star Trek to me. I don't think I ever will be able to force myself to ever finish that one.

Well, I finally brought myself to binge season 3. Right now, I'm on episode 3. Not bad at all. I didn't much like season 1, season 2 was great, and I never heard much good things about 3. Though, have to watch and see what happens.

Never was able to watch Deep Space Nine after season 3, to this day. Hated all 3 seasons, it just wasn't Star Trek to me. I don't think I ever will be able to force myself to ever finish that one.
Funnily enough, it took me to last season 3 to get into DS9.

I found the first two at least bad honestly.

So, Anthony (Su'Kal) wished them all into the cornfield (caused the Burn)... Pretty lame.

I will watch it as well. My comment was about the lack of enthusiasm I have observed here and elsewhere for this show.
This year's PP+ discount adds free annual option forces you to include Showtime for an addirional $5 per month. Therefore, I will not be watching, let alone care!

Reactions: Howard Simmons