Star Trek: Picard

I'm looking forward to SNW's second season, and yes, I'd really like to see them do Legacy as opposed to Academy. Pretty sure it'll end up being a "bottle show" for the most part and while I see their reason for a "younger audience" show, I'm just not very enthused by the whole idea...

It sounds like Paramount wants no more than two on the books at a time from here on.
Look to have three next year , Discovery, Strange New and Starfleet Academy ( yech) , plus the two cartoons.
They do have other tentpoles...Tulsa King, 1923 and other Yellowstone spinoffs in the works...all relatively cheaper to produce.
I would think so also, until I read this-

To no one's surprise, it's a lot. In the interview, Sheridan revealed that each episode of 1923 can cost anywhere from $30 to $35 million, which is the cost of a small-budget movie.

I am starting from season 1 and just watched the final episode of season 1 it was very good. Season 2 started a bit ruff. The transition could have been much better between seasons.

They do have other tentpoles...Tulsa King, 1923 and other Yellowstone spinoffs in the works...
When a series is limited to eight episodes, that demands a half-dozen or more tentpoles per year to keep everybody on the teat (assuming that the appeal of each can't reasonably be 100%).

Like the plexes that preceded them, streaming services rely on a steady stream of subscriptions.

I was trying to wrap my head around President Chekov, since he would need to hang around at sublight to be the TOS Chekov. I guess it would be a great-great grandson? (edit: ah, I see the character was President Anton Chekov) And I liked that Alice Krige got to reprise the Borg Queen.

And the best? Beverley being very un-doctor like and definitely not “Do No Harm”! “A lot has happened…”
Do you remember the Opening scene of S3 ...
Yes, a Lot has changed for Admiral Crusher ... is that right, is she Admiral as well ?
I know Picard is.

Do you remember the Opening scene of S3 ...
Yes, a Lot has changed for Admiral Crusher ... is that right, is she Admiral as well ?
I know Picard is.
I was referring to what she said when everyone on the bridge looked back at her on Tactical with shocked expressions after Crusher unleashed Death From Above on the Borg ship. I thought it was a great line in the moment.

With the exception of more Orla Brady (Laris/Tallinan). They forgot about her at the end of S3. Picard was supposed to meet up with her on Romulus. If he never did, shame on him!
I thought they should have included the 2 gals ( Isa Briones )from Picard S1 E1 thruout the series, but sometimes you end up with too many players.
She actually played both people.

I was referring to what she said when everyone on the bridge looked back at her on Tactical with shocked expressions after Crusher unleashed Death From Above on the Borg ship. I thought it was a great line in the moment.
I agree, my point was we started to see a Much different Crusher all the way thru the season.

If she's been away from Starfleet long enough that nobody knew about Jack, could she really have made Admiral?
It seemed to me that the title was legit, but not earned within Starfleet, obviously. she's obviously not just been sitting around eating grapes, but with a likely dearth of experienced former Starfleet officer around due to the Changlings and Borg, they probably needed people experienced enough to take on leadership responsibilities. On the other hand, Matalas probably just did it "because"...

I ended up watching them all over a week. Season was good season 2 was disappointing. It had me completely board. Season 3 made up for it though! Seeing all the cast together was emotional and I was not much a fan. I am now going through the extras some good. I saw the preview of the next series with his kid. I will try it out. Who knows.