Star Trek: Picard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are you over 70 ?
no, I am 54 this year, why would that matter?

If this is a ageism thing, you thinking that older folks cannot handle streaming, my step father is 74 and he gets all of his TV programming from the Roku, just bought him a new Roku Ultra and a year’s worth of gift cards for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and at the time CBSAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
no, I am 54 this year, why would that matter?

If this is a ageism thing, you thinking that older folks cannot handle streaming, my step father is 74 and he gets all of his TV programming from the Roku, just bought him a new Roku Ultra and a year’s worth of gift cards for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and at the time CBSAA.
Not all older people can do that ... your fortunate that your parents can.

I have Rokus, easy as heck to subscribe to any service, what is so different from clicking on a app then going to a guide and clicking on a certain channel.

Reading the things you post, it really seems like you have a problem with streaming because it is changing how you watch things.

But the TV industry over the last 70 years has been nothing but change, from Antennas to Cable to Satellite to Streaming.

Or from having to watch shows when they are on, then able to record on VCR, then to DVRs and then to On Demand.

From Standard Definition to HD and now 4K ( the majority of 4K programming is streaming).

Streaming is not rocket science and based on subscriber’s numbers, not many think it is a big deal.
I know it's not rocket science but it's a pain in the ass to have gadzooks of apps that you have to go to and tell them who you are to get in. I like just to go to the channel and watch the show.

• Love
Reactions: Jimbo
It's a hell of a lot easier to cancel HBO now, either as an add-on to my streaming live TV service or as a separate app, than it was when I had to call the cable company. I literally just check a box and click a button.

Regarding the age thing, my dad (in his mid 70s) couldn't handle streaming. But I'm active in a lot of streaming groups on FB, and there are plenty of older folk who don't have any major issues with the basics, and there are plenty of younger people who struggle like my dad did.

Reactions: Jimbo
I know it's not rocket science but it's a pain in the ass to have gadzooks of apps that you have to go to and tell them who you are to get in. I like just to go to the channel and watch the show.
For most, you sign in once, then you are all set, the only ones you have to sign in multiple times are the TV everywhere apps, but I never use those anymore.

And of course they won't have it the first of 2022. Probably May or June. So we'll have to wait another year for this show.:mad:
Blame Covid, remember Patrick Stewart is 80, so they might of had to wait for the vaccine to start filming or at the least, be very careful, also just read this-The series received an informal third season green-light by January 2020 to allow the second and third seasons to be developed together and filmed back-to-back. Production on the third season was confirmed to be taking place simultaneously with the second in April 2021.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds finishes filming the end of July, Discovery the end of August, hopefully one of those will be on in 2021.

If not, I can wait, it is not like nothing else is on, I am at least a season behind on most shows ( we binge almost everything), plenty to get caught up on, heck, I have been retired for 2 years, if I was still working, I would be behind by multiple seasons, need to quit sleeping to get caught up.

allow the second and third seasons to be developed together and filmed

That's interesting, hadn't seen that. Of course, I guess that pretty much guarantees that Season Two ends on a cliffhanger. I thought it was kind of refreshing to have Season One pretty much a wrapped up storyline.

Reactions: Howard Simmons