Star Trek: Picard

I was so excited to see "Ensign Ro" - and that was a powerful episode. I just wish we could zap away the 10 episodes of season 2 (or at least five of them) and add them to this season.

Terry Matalas is my hero - for finally giving us the Picard series we deserved.
I agree, seeing Ro Laren again was a really nice touch! I wish it would've been more than just this episode however. I really liked this episode, a lot. They did a great job of building up the suspense and added a new element to the Changling aspect of this story arc (complete internal organ duplication), so that makes the Changlings an even greater threat, as the typical way of detecting them now seems to be useless.

The Worf/Raffi plotline was well done and the knife fight and subsequent acts were all good stuff.

Now, what the heck is the deal with Jack? I hope Beverly can figure it out (well of course she can).

I have to agree also, I would trade at least 2 episodes, maybe even 3, from last season if we could've had them added to this season. Here we are, 5 episodes left in this season (and potentially the series) to put the TNG cast all back together (I'm assuming the point is to get them all back on one ship again, but I could be wrong) and resolve the Changling take-over of Starfleet. Doing all that and telling us what the deal with Jack is - that's a lot to pack into 5 episodes...

Reactions: Foxbat
I found the latest episode to be a bit forced. A lot of work just to work Moriarty in for about 40 seconds. They had "leaked" that the character would be included in the show, and there was a lot of fan speculation of an entire episode. Not really worth it. The "reboot" of Data was a cleaver idea, but I'm waiting to see what they do with him.

Also they change canon here. "Irumodic Syndrome" was just "space Alzheimer's". The writers of the final episode needed a senile Picard but, on the assumption that every disease of today would be cured by then, they made up a fake disease with the same symptoms. Never it, nor any mental problems that he might have had, were ever mentioned before. Now its some sort of lifelong mental illness that causes visions and delusions (and apparently why Picard's mother was mentally ill).