Star Wars Ahsoka

About time we had a really cool space fight in these shows, specially when they involve lightsabers.

Reactions: osu1991 and Foxbat
It was good but not great. Way too short for a series that only has 8 episodes total.

Only 8 episodes for a season, and who knows if/when we'll see a season 2?
Movie up next, supposed to be the final battle against the Empire, before the rise of the First Order, staring everyone from the TV Shows.

Mark Hamill is rumored to star in it, they are just keeping it secret.

Reactions: That American Girl
It wouldn’t surprise me if there is another season of Ahsoka to set the movie up. Favreau has said he already has season 4 of Mandalorian written. I would think another season of each of them to set up a movie or movie trilogy.

Strikes are going to wreck any current schedules.

Pretty great 4 episodes, though 3 was a bit short and one-note compared to the rest for me.

I'm glad it looks like it's not going to be the entire series before we get to see the big names we're expecting to, starting with the reveal during 4.

Strikes have wrecked current schedules, so I don't expect to see more Mando anytime soon and so I'm enjoying Ahsoka knowing that another season is at least a year away (if not longer)...
Mando was not due to be on next year, the next 4 are Skeleton Crew ( already filmed), The Acolyte ( already filmed), Bad Batch (Cartoon, voices done) and the second season of Andor ( almost filmed, had two episodes to go, stopped because of strikes).

2025 was the next season of Mando, to lead into the movie and Lando, neither filmed of course.

Of course, if the strike continues into 2024, then even that planning will likely go out the window too.
If the strikes makes it until January, there will be no TV Season, if it was just a actor’s strike, not as big of a deal, but a writer’s strike also, it will take months just to get scripts written along with a bible for the season.

This will be the year I get caught up on everything I have missed via streaming, I have years of shows to watch.

If it drags on until the end of the year, we will see more drama, comedy and reality imports from over seas. A lot of that is shown on some of the streaming services now, but there is a lot that is not shown too. I saw History has picked up the UK and Australian versions of Alone. Paramount + has previously shown seasons of Survivor Australia, it wouldn't surprise me to see that shown on the main CBS network along with possibly The Amazing Race Canada or Amazing Race Australia.

Episode 5 is going to be shown in some theaters.

• AMC Assembly Row 12 in Boston, MA
    • Showing at 8 PM on September 12
  • AMC Showplace Village Crossing 18 in Chicago, IL
    • Showing at 7 PM on September 12
  • AMC NorthPark 15 IMAX in Dallas, TX
    • Showing at 7 PM on September 12
  • AMC The Grove 14 in Los Angeles, CA
    • Showing at 5 PM on September 12
  • AMC Empire 25 IMAX in New York, NY
  • AMC Disney Springs 24 with Dine-in Theaters in Orlando, FL
  • AMC Neshaminy 24 in Philadelphia, PA
  • AMC Bay Street 16 in San Francisco, CA
  • AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16 in Seattle, WA
  • AMC Tysons Corner 16 in Washington, DC

Reactions: Foxbat
This will be the year I get caught up on everything I have missed via streaming, I have years of shows to watch.
Yep, the longer this goes on, the more time I'll have to watch stuff that I've been wanting to catch up on. I won't be watching all these reality shows they're stuffing their schedules full of, I'll be watching stuff I haven't had time to watch (it's a long list).

If the strike continues into 2024, it'll probably be known as the "lost year of TV"...

Enjoyed the episode and the length was good. Did they use A.I. to de-age Hayden Christensen in the "Clone Wars" flashback sequence? He looked and sounded quite a bit younger.

Liked the way the lightsaber colors changed depending on the action and mood of the scene.

Reactions: Foxbat
I don’t know, but would say yes as at the end of the fight, to me, he looked exactly like he did in revenge of the sith fighting Obi Wan.
That's what I thought too. At the beginning of the WBW sequence, Hayden looked like the actor does now, but in the flashback battles of the Clone Wars and then the Siege of Mandalore, he looked much younger and then, as you noted, he looked like he did in ROTS. So, they CGI de-aged him is my guess too...