Starbox and Primestar lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
SATFINDERS are good to get you onto the Clarke Belt but tend to pull you towards the stronger DBS satellites in the sky!

I would enter a LIVE transponder from a satellite close to the top of your arc and watch for signal quality on the screen. Thats the ONLY way to find a satellite without Blindscan and a lot of luck!

I would try to get a hold of a cheap FTA receiver that you can use for pointing your dish as with MANY DVB PC cards its dang near impossible finding a satellite using one!

I got it now, what is the easiest fta satellite to find? I'll be happy if I get anything.

If anyone wants to sell me a cheap FTA receiver, pm me.

I just got a Fortec Lifetime (plain) yesterday off eBay.

When I have no lnb plugged in the both meters are at 0% but right when I plug the lnb into it the signal jumps to 30% or 40% and quality stays at 0%. No matter what I do I can never get the quality to go up, I moved the dish around changed to different transponders and moved it around some more, but nothing helped. I've been trying all day! It's the same results I got with the Starbox.

Is it normal behavior for the signal meter to go up like that even when it's not pointed at anything? Is the something wrong with the lnb?

The signal meter on the Fortec acts just like the SATELLITE FINDER, if I point all the way west when it's about to point at the wall the signal goes down to about 36%, when it points at the wall it goes up to 44%, when it's pointed at the sky to it goes from 40% to 43%. I have the L.O. set to 10750.

Here's a couple pictures of the lnb:
Sorry about the bad quality, I don't have a digital camera so I had to use the camcorder.

Attachments

• Primestar lnb.JPG
    Primestar lnb.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Primestar lnb connectors.JPG
    Primestar lnb connectors.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)