StarBox II is working but.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Airmail

Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Boulder, Colorado
To start with I can only move the 7 ½’ mesh dish between Galaxy 12 and AMC 10 until all the leaves fall off the three trees that are in the way right now. Line from the C/Ku LNBF goes into a Sat-Pro II Plus satellite protection system, then to a 2-way 900-2050 MHz splitter with one line going to the StarBox and the other going to the GI 2770R.
The StarBox is only listing 11 pay channels on AMC 10 and a partial listing on the other satellites that I can get right now. When you look at the LyngSat listing for the satellites there is a lot more than just 11 pay channels. The HSN (Home Shopping Network) and other NTSC channels will not work through the StarBox? but works through the GI 2770R. There is a hissing noise with all the C-Band channels that do come through the GI 2770R. Using the new C/KU Digital LNBF BSC621-2 sure made a big improvement on the C-Band reception. Have not done anything on the K-Band yet. In the StarBox’s satellite scan menu I’m getting a 94% strength reading and 99% quality reading.

I guess the question is should the NTSC crypt work with the StarBox? Should the StarBox be showing all the channels on each satellite? and How do I get rid of the hissing noise from channels that are working through the GI 2770R? Thanks for the help.

The Starbox will only work for digital signals! You are right the BSC621-2 is a GREAT LNBF, the new BSC technology really seems to work well.

I'm curious, where is Galaxy12 at? That's a new one for me. I know G10 or G0 as I use it, G11 or GB for me, G13 or G9 for me, G14 or G5 for me, and G15 is G1 for me. But, where is G12?

Al

And, I forgot about G3C, G3 for me and G16, G4 for me.

Last edited:
The LyngSat SatTracker for North & South America list Galaxy 12 at 125.0 degrees West. I'm going to bet it should be listed as Galaxy 5.

Bob

Galaxy 5 is now Galaxy 15 on lyngsat @ 125.0w. Maybe it was listed as Galaxy 12 before it changed to Galaxy 15? I know it as Galaxy 5. But, my mind is blank about Galaxy 12. That must be right though, thanks anyway!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)