Starchoice Dish with LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Someone is offering me a plastic 60E Starchoice Dish (18x32"), which is coming with a Dual Quad Output Switchable KU LNB Model Name: MSDC 1631AA
Please see attached 2 pictures.
They do not know how old is, because it came with the house when they bought it.
It looks like very similar to the another Starchoice LNB Model LM-2738-SC
Can anyone make an educated guess, how old this dish/LNB is ?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1545.JPG
    IMG_1545.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 348
I installed a couple of those (and the 75e) about 4 years ago so I'd hazard a guess 4 maybe 5 years ago tops...thats when they switched from the "beer can" style to the quad LNB

The dish is kinda on the small side but should work for the stronger TP"s....and with the quad LNB you can use all 4 outputs just fine

Starchoice LNB

Thanks Iceberg for the info
So the double beercan is the oldest one, next is the MSCD-xx and the latest one is the LM-xxx?

SC dish and LNB

thanks for the info
although the dish is only 18x32, in the past I was able to get channels from 101 (very strong) 80%
channels from 97 w and channels from 30w, both around 50 % on CW 600P

Not stealing a thread, just adding to it, :)

I was just given one of those same,(both the dish and the lnb), there is no cover on the lnb, but I am sure I can come up with somthing to help to keep the rain out.
Being from Southern Ontario, it should be fun to see what I can pull in for "True" free to air with this combination. I was told that in actuallity these types of dishes are or were suppose to act as a double dish(two side by side so to speak).
With my Faithful Coolsat5000, combined with this dish and lnb(I am assuming that this type of lnb is a linear, got to do some research.) I have found it a chore to center in on satallites but once tuned as best can, there is little to no rain fade or problems with cloud cover either, unlike I have expeirenced with the smaller round dishes, which if it is suppose to act as a side by side round, then why the better consistancy in signal(from the satalite) compared to the round ones(18")?
But It should be fun none the less to see what I can recieve with it, just got to luv a freebie when it is thrown at you, so to speak, As well as keeping another dish from landfill, and giving it a new purpose and life.
Happy FTA'ing :)

I have 2 of those 60E dishes, one has a LM-2738 lnb and I'm not sure about the other one but they look the same. I have used them a few times for sats that are 4 degreees apart and can get quite a bit with them. They aren't optimal size for most ku sats but they do work with a bit lower quality than with the 30" I used to have. The 36" that is in use now gets even better quality than the 30". Most times I used it at 97 and 93, but I have tried 97 and 101, 123 and 127, 123 and 118(with a dielectric plate to see if I could get quality on 118), and of course on 107 and 111 for use with my exsubbed starchoice box.

The cover of the lnb on the older one is broken off and I never had a problem with water or bugs in it, even when it was mounted upside down on 123 and 118 last fall.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts