Starchoice Dual LNB Dish Installation Help

luvnlife

Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Vancouver
Hello,

I'm installing my DUAL (not quad) lnb eliptical dish and seem to only be getting half of the subscribed channels. The dish logo is green, but there are two LNB's with cables labelled 'sat a' and the other 'sat b'. Currently 'sat A' is going into the back of the receiver and 'sat b' isn't connected at all. So I'm wondering if I need a multiswitch to connect 'sat a' and 'sat b' to the output into my receiver.

I've searched and can only find install guides for the new quad lnb dishes, so I was wondering if anyone knew if this was the problem?

Thank you!

Call Shaw Direct and tell them what LNB setup you have. They need to change your v-code to match the Stacked LNB setup you have. You will have to call them again when you go back to your original LNB setup in Canada to switch the v-code back.

you've got the 2 beer can setup?

If so that is a stacked system and QCK mentions what to do. There is a special switch if you want to combine both sat a (107.3) and sat b (111.1)

More Starchoice install fun... :(

you've got the 2 beer can setup?

If so that is a stacked system and QCK mentions what to do. There is a special switch if you want to combine both sat a (107.3) and sat b (111.1)

Hi All,

My challenges continue... here is the latest update, hoping for a little bit more assistance to get me through this last critical step. Under the advice of the forum, I decided against calling Starchoice to switch each time I left my home to my condo, so I purchased a quad LNB dish to match my home setup. I setup the dish and configured my two 'away' receivers before leaving Canada. Everything worked great and they were fully activated with all the channels.

I am now at my Condo in Palm Springs and we are having a hell of a time installing the dish. I have a professional installer who has the dish set and according to his meter he is getting both satellites however the receivers are not registering the signal. The diagonostic 'c' menu shows constantly -3.0 and the signal strength in 6-3-1 is around 5-25%.

Do you know if there is anything we need to do differently down here than up in Canada? Are there any settings on the receivers that I need to change? I thought I had everything ready to go and clearly I'm not there yet.

Do you think he is locked on to the wrong satellites? What are the chances he could set the skew/elevation and direction and get two of the same wrong sats? His meter doesn't tell him which satellites he is on, just that the signal is very strong on both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I flew down here just to set this up, so I really am desperate to get it going. Thanks in advance for your help like before everyone!

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am now at my Condo in Palm Springs and we are having a hell of a time installing the dish. I have a professional installer who has the dish set and according to his meter he is getting both satellites however the receivers are not registering the signal. The diagonostic 'c' menu shows constantly -3.0 and the signal strength in 6-3-1 is around 5-25%.

Do you know if there is anything we need to do differently down here than up in Canada? Are there any settings on the receivers that I need to change? I thought I had everything ready to go and clearly I'm not there yet.

Do you think he is locked on to the wrong satellites? What are the chances he could set the skew/elevation and direction and get two of the same wrong sats? His meter doesn't tell him which satellites he is on, just that the signal is very strong on both.

Thanks!

My money is that you are on the wrong satellite, based on the high signal on the meter, but the fact that you are in the red on the receiver. try panning a few degrees to the east and to the west and see what happens.

My money is that you are on the wrong satellite, based on the high signal on the meter, but the fact that you are in the red on the receiver. try panning a few degrees to the east and to the west and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply!

We went quite a bit east and west with no luck. Perhaps our skew/elevation is off as well? The area is Palm Springs, California, not sure if anyone knows of any tricks or tips to remember for this area.

Thanks!

Here's a link to find what I would consider to be accurate settings for US locations.

****Sorry...the link didn't print correctly......google up Global Communications and look for "The Canadian Solution" on the home page ******

This information might help you cofirm that the numbers your are using are right......

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts