Stargate Atlantis

Is Carter gone for good or is it just for a movie shooting and then return? Woolsey is just not the right character for SGA. They have made a big deal of showing over and over that the IOA representatives are incompetent. Maybe he will go through a learning curve or something to make it work.

It would be cool if they could have Dr. Weir come back and have a replicator running the show.

Is Carter gone for good or is it just for a movie shooting and then return? Woolsey is just not the right character for SGA. They have made a big deal of showing over and over that the IOA representatives are incompetent. Maybe he will go through a learning curve or something to make it work.

It would be cool if they could have Dr. Weir come back and have a replicator running the show.

I read in Gateworld that Tori is not coming back as Dr. Weir; I don't think there is even a guest-shot planned for this year.

Sam Carter is gone; Amanda Tapping is doing a different show. Still, I didn't like the way they ended that - although the link to the new movie was cool.

I agree about Woolsey; and anyway, I keep just wanting to say "Computer, End Program." or whatever it was they said to shut down the Emergency Medical Hologram. :D

In almost every respect, a terrific episode...
except for the way they handled taking Carter out of the series. I liked that she was in this episode, but to have Woolsey just whiplash her out of command like that really sucked.

Agree fully.

Although I always found that the Sam Carter I love from SG1 never seemed to exist on SGA, and always felt out of place. I think part of it is that her contract was for so few episodes that we never really got to see her develop in a command role.

Agree fully.

Although I always found that the Sam Carter I love from SG1 never seemed to exist on SGA, and always felt out of place. I think part of it is that her contract was for so few episodes that we never really got to see her develop in a command role.

I agree...we knew Sam from SG1, but her role in SGA never got a chance to get firmly established. I'm sure part of that was Amanda's choice. She has kids now and wants to spend time with her family and has a new show that she's producing. So, the way they did it, while rather back-handed from a character point-of-view, at least leaves the door open for guest appearances...

They'll make Woolsey fit in...and Shepherd gets a larger role...heck, he has first billing in the new opening, so I'm thinking he'll be more in-charge and Woolsey will just be more like IOA oversight. The guy has no command experience and the IOA is civilian oversight, and if they continue to write his character the way it's been written in prior SG1/SGA episodes, he's definitely not command material.

Yeah, the first thing I noticed was the changes in the opening credits. Amanda Tapping was a "special guest star" and Jewel Staite and Robert Picardo now get a picture.

The "we won when the ancients couldn't" thing sort of bugged me as well, but then, as I pondered it more, I came to the conclusion that it's plausible that a decendant race could come along, use technology invented by their forebearers and yet since they have a different perspective/set of experiences, come up with ways to use said technology to defeat enemies that the ancients couldn't - a case of not being able to see the forest from the trees for the ancients.

The series has had more lame episodes than SG1, to be sure, but it's still better than no SG at all. :)

Remember from the Asgard though... we are the "Fifth Race."

Remember from the Asgard though... we are the "Fifth Race."

I don't think that was so much a "prophetic" statement as it was a comment that we were smart enough have figured out how to use the Stargate and that we're out there exploring. Since Rodney destroyed most of a solar system with Ancient tech that he couldn't figure out either, there's still plenty of stuff around that we just can't get a handle on yet. :D

I think it was explained more that the ancients did not really care about killing off the wraith, instead they were more conserned at the time with ascention. As shown the replicators could have easily won the war with the wraith if the ancients had decided to use them. I get a feeling it is more that the ancients turned inward and abandoned the rest of the galaxy and the wraith just ran amock