Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods

by Darren Sumner
We’re running a bit behind on news heading into July, but today we’re excited to pass along the official word from MGM and Fox Home Entertainment
on Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods - Final Cut. The remixed and remastered pilot for Stargate SG-1 arrives on DVD on July 21 in North America, and July 27 in the U.K.
ir
(Region 2).
Source & More: Gateworld
SatelliteGuys Store: SatelliteGuys.US Amazon.COM SuperStore! - Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods

Last edited:
Interesting news. I hope they release it in BD.

Just watched Memento Mori where Vala lost her memory. I was thinking that SciFi really was crazy to kill the show. It was on top of its game (yeah, the Ori thing was stupid, I'll admit that), and in no way had it jumped the shark.

Stupid SciFi morons.

Only 12 more episodes left. :(

Yep, no doubt about it...SciFi is run by morons...:(

I second that.

Stargate SG1 was way better when it was originally shown on SHOWTIME BEYOND with no commercials. So stargate sg1 was NOT a scifi original series as they always claimed on their channel.

and then when you got used to watching atlantis.. they ended that show as well.

So yes, SciFi is run by morons.
Their like.. well theres two less viewers today, lets just cancel that show.
and put some whack show on..

I second that.

Stargate SG1 was way better when it was originally shown on SHOWTIME BEYOND with no commercials. So stargate sg1 was NOT a scifi original series as they always claimed on their channel.

and then when you got used to watching atlantis.. they ended that show as well.

So yes, SciFi is run by morons.
Their like.. well there's two less viewers today, lets just cancel that show.
and put some whack show on..

I think SG1 maintained its quality quite well through the changes. It was more the actors coming in and out that created issues. Michael Shanks thought he could leave and go on to bigger and better things. As Teal'c would say, Indeed. :)

I think SG1 maintained its quality quite well through the changes. It was more the actors coming in and out that created issues. Michael Shanks thought he could leave and go on to bigger and better things. As Teal'c would say, Indeed. :)

LOL! Yes, indeed... ;)

I like the way they brought Shanks back into the show...it worked okay for me. The way O'Neill left was handled a bit less well, which made Mitchel's entrance a bit more awkward...

The best I could figure is it had something to do with Area 51/Nellis AFB, but you're right, it was very vague where he went to...

I thought he was speding lots of time in "Washington DC" - and had read in some summary that he was put in charge of Homeworld Security, but that just seems so unlikely. I mean, it is Jack we are talking about. :) And wouldn't Area 51 involve way too many nerds for Jack. :)

Oh yeah, that's right! It was Carter that was working at Area 51 when she rejoined the show in the "Beachhead" episode in season 9.

Yep, like Jack said, he'd spent his entire career "sticking it to The Man" and imagining him as "The Man" really is pretty difficult. ;)

Oh yeah, that's right! It was Carter that was working at Area 51 when she rejoined the show in the "Beachhead" episode in season 9.

Yep, like Jack said, he'd spent his entire career "sticking it to The Man" and imagining him as "The Man" really is pretty difficult. ;)

Yeah it was Carter. She was there while Amanda was on maternity leave. :)

"Indeed"

Wow, what a weird sensation. I just finished the last episode of Stargat SG1. I have been watching these episodes in sequence on DVD for the better part of 2 years; often watching on an ipod at the gym, but for the last two seasons, watching on DVD upconverted.

I have a satisfied, yet empty feeling - very similar to when Star Trek The Next Generation ended; as if I am losing a good friend. I never thought I could say this, but SG1 is as good as Star Trek ever was, and SG1 is one of the best science fiction shows I have ever watched. I wish I had seen it in its original run, but the way I did see it, enabled me to watch it completely sequentially.

While I never "liked" the Ori arc, I did like season 9 and 10; the show did a good job of balancing Ori episodes with other stories; and by the end, it really was not so bad. Cam Mitchell was a very good replacement for Jack, and Vala, well, Vala really grew on me too.

So tonight wraps the tv-series. Tomorrow night I will watch Arc of Truth.

Indeed. :)

"Indeed"

Wow, what a weird sensation. I just finished the last episode of Stargat SG1. I have been watching these episodes in sequence on DVD for the better part of 2 years; often watching on an ipod at the gym, but for the last two seasons, watching on DVD upconverted.

I have a satisfied, yet empty feeling - very similar to when Star Trek The Next Generation ended; as if I am losing a good friend. I never thought I could say this, but SG1 is as good as Star Trek ever was, and SG1 is one of the best science fiction shows I have ever watched. I wish I had seen it in its original run, but the way I did see it, enabled me to watch it completely sequentially.

While I never "liked" the Ori arc, I did like season 9 and 10; the show did a good job of balancing Ori episodes with other stories; and by the end, it really was not so bad. Cam Mitchell was a very good replacement for Jack, and Vala, well, Vala really grew on me too.

So tonight wraps the tv-series. Tomorrow night I will watch Arc of Truth.

Indeed. :)

Wow It took you 2 years! We have been running through them for the 2nd time and are up to season 9 again. We have marathons if the weather is bad or we just feel like being lazy but we normally would watch 1 per night since the regular tv season ended.
I liked the interaction between Daniel and Vala too. And I also agree that Mitchell was a good person to complete the team as long as we couldn't have Jack. It took me a lot longer to warm up to the Atlantis team.

Wow, congrats on wrapping up the entire series!! :) I felt the same way when they aired Unending...it was like reaching the end of a really good book...it's over. Oh, I'll enjoy it again, but it'll never be quite the same as the first discovery excitement that you experience as each new episode unfolds.

I always missed Jack after he left, but Mitchell fit in well and Vala grew on me immediately and is such a character. What a powerful performance in Unending too.

I agree, the Atlantis team took me longer to warm up to as well. It didn't help that Rodney was always annoying either. ;)

My introduction to SG1 really came through Atlantis; I saw the premiere of Atlantis and really didn't understand a lot (oh, I had seen the original Stargate movie, but frankly, didn't like it -- I have since come around, and watch it fairly regularly); and I ordered S1 of SG1 to see if I could make more sense of it.

I of course fell in love with it pretty quickly. It took a long time because I would rip every episode and watch at the gym; and to be honest, I wasn't in a rush. I knew I had 10 seasons, and just took my time.

Now, it is, as you say, an old friend. And while the discovery might not be new, I will watch again. The best part is that in watching the DVDs, my son has watched several - and seems to like them. So we will start on Season 1 again soon (other than having to fast forward through that one scene in the pilot). But before we do, we'll watch TAOT tomorrow, and then rewatch Continuum - as when I first saw it, I was vague on both Cameron and Vala. It will make a lot more sense now.

I remember watching the first 5 seasons on Showtime and really thought I was onto something special...then they were going to cancel it and Sci-Fi took it over from them, and I'm glad they did, because we got another 5 seasons of a really fantastic show! :)

I enjoyed TAOT and really liked Continuum. I need to watch those again... ;)

I remember watching the first 5 seasons on Showtime and really thought I was onto something special...then they were going to cancel it and Sci-Fi took it over from them, and I'm glad they did, because we got another 5 seasons of a really fantastic show! :)

I enjoyed TAOT and really liked Continuum. I need to watch those again... ;)

I ordered the BD of TAOT, and it arrives tomorrow. Will watch on the Big Screen tomorrow night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts