StarNet Movies?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
So can anyone advise what StarNet is like? Looks like I might have to get the motor sooner than I thought as it looks to be a decent channel.

Larry :)

Although I get good quality signal on it the movies are pretty old and often look like they are being broadcast from a circa 1980 VCR using a tape that has seen more than its share of magnetic flux.

Public Domain indeed, but it's a neat time capsule of older stuff.

Hey Diamond Jim , you've had a c-band setup for many years.
Do you recall a Carribean Superstation from Aruba , I remember them playing the old Superman Fleisher cartoons back around 86' , possibly these feeds were for cruise ships, I always thought so.

Now if I could only find an old ORBIT magazine to refresh my memory.

There are a few "kind of" classics by notable actors (Shirley Temple and Lucy Ball movies, for example), but usually not anything worth mentioning. I think he (Chuck Harder?) runs everything off of a Windows machine, since the screen will freeze up with the usual Windows error messages now and then :)

Check out GnF (GamesandFlix) on Ia5 for a few other older movie options.

jayelem said:
Public Domain indeed, but it's a neat time capsule of older stuff.

Hey Diamond Jim , you've had a c-band setup for many years.
Do you recall a Carribean Superstation from Aruba , I remember them playing the old Superman Fleisher cartoons back around 86' , possibly these feeds were for cruise ships, I always thought so.

Now if I could only find an old ORBIT magazine to refresh my memory.
If Jim don't, I do. They used to play live bands. Not exactly my kind of music, but not bad either. I don't think they had any kind of schedule. It was a get what you get kind of channel.

Al

Iceberg said:
yes Jim Orbit is still around. Just saw a copy at a B Dalton bookstore a few weeks ago

I loved that magazine. The good ole days when EVERYTHING was ITC. I would read it for hours and hours. It listed every movie on every channel on every satellite. At the first of the month when the new issue would arrive, I would sit and hi-lite every program I was interested in for the whole month:) .

Diamond Jim said:
I loved that magazine. The good ole days when EVERYTHING was ITC. I would read it for hours and hours. It listed every movie on every channel on every satellite. At the first of the month when the new issue would arrive, I would sit and hi-lite every program I was interested in for the whole month:) .
That's all true Jim, but I didn't like the monthly part. By the end of the month, a lot of it wasn't accurate. But, other than that, it was an excellent magazine.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts