StarNet Movies?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
So can anyone advise what StarNet is like? Looks like I might have to get the motor sooner than I thought as it looks to be a decent channel.

Larry :)

Although I get good quality signal on it the movies are pretty old and often look like they are being broadcast from a circa 1980 VCR using a tape that has seen more than its share of magnetic flux.

Public Domain indeed, but it's a neat time capsule of older stuff.

Hey Diamond Jim , you've had a c-band setup for many years.
Do you recall a Carribean Superstation from Aruba , I remember them playing the old Superman Fleisher cartoons back around 86' , possibly these feeds were for cruise ships, I always thought so.

Now if I could only find an old ORBIT magazine to refresh my memory.

There are a few "kind of" classics by notable actors (Shirley Temple and Lucy Ball movies, for example), but usually not anything worth mentioning. I think he (Chuck Harder?) runs everything off of a Windows machine, since the screen will freeze up with the usual Windows error messages now and then :)

Check out GnF (GamesandFlix) on Ia5 for a few other older movie options.

jayelem said:
Public Domain indeed, but it's a neat time capsule of older stuff.

Hey Diamond Jim , you've had a c-band setup for many years.
Do you recall a Carribean Superstation from Aruba , I remember them playing the old Superman Fleisher cartoons back around 86' , possibly these feeds were for cruise ships, I always thought so.

Now if I could only find an old ORBIT magazine to refresh my memory.
If Jim don't, I do. They used to play live bands. Not exactly my kind of music, but not bad either. I don't think they had any kind of schedule. It was a get what you get kind of channel.

Al

Iceberg said:
yes Jim Orbit is still around. Just saw a copy at a B Dalton bookstore a few weeks ago

I loved that magazine. The good ole days when EVERYTHING was ITC. I would read it for hours and hours. It listed every movie on every channel on every satellite. At the first of the month when the new issue would arrive, I would sit and hi-lite every program I was interested in for the whole month:) .

Diamond Jim said:
I loved that magazine. The good ole days when EVERYTHING was ITC. I would read it for hours and hours. It listed every movie on every channel on every satellite. At the first of the month when the new issue would arrive, I would sit and hi-lite every program I was interested in for the whole month:) .
That's all true Jim, but I didn't like the monthly part. By the end of the month, a lot of it wasn't accurate. But, other than that, it was an excellent magazine.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)