Starz & Encore?

That would be an interesting thread.

I doubt Dish would be dumb enough to get into a pissing match with 3 premium channels at the same time.

Honestly besides a few original series on HBO, they all show the same movies eventually.

But what is Starz currently doing for OTT providers such as streaming?

I was reading about all the disputes (Dish) lately and they seem to be out of frustration for their continued subscriber loss. Don’t believe me, go read some of the comments made by Charlie recently.

Almost every dispute lately has been with a provider such as a local channel that provides free over the air signals or HBO, which has a streaming option.

I think Dish sees these providers as offering a devalued product as the customers can still get their programming other ways. Because of this Dish feels they should get a discount on the programming.

I agree it would be stupid. I generally side with Charlie on the disputes, but having that many premiums unavailable would be ridiculous. I am curious about what Charlie's been saying. Please share if you have anything of specific interest.

I do as well HOWEVER via a dongle for which no programming information is available. Therefore these diginets on Dish come in handy (when made available in such package) because then and only then may I record a specific program as the Dish provided channels show the required synopsis.
I have three jacks at my TV. Satellite goes through one, cable (internet) for the second, and OTA for the third. I run the OTA line to a splitter that runs one line to Dish and the other line directly to the TV. I get guide data on my TV for the subchannels.

while watching encore via encore pack after i finish watching the movie it shows previews from starz encore.
they are actually showing movies from the year 2018 on encore channels.

the encore pack is really good.
i subscribed in past to the starz pack, but i like encore pack. i actually like the movies on encore pack.
they have lots of good stuff on starz pack, just to much stuff to watch. lol and being i have welcome pack and heartland pack too i find its to much to watch.

but i would find myself paying for the starz pack and watching it maybe once or twice for the month and end up going right to encore pack.
hmm encore = great movies and it has shown very good movies too, many from 2018 and surprisingly enough it rules.
I am never disappointed in this cheap movie pack.

Encore runs the same new movie titles as STARZ. There just 6 months or so later.