STARZ LOCKED MOVIES ON APP

fpembleton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
S.C.
I have had Starz on another service for a few months. Just subscribed through Dish. I have noticed some of the movies on the app have a lock symbol. The movies will not stream and it says call Dish to upgrade your programming. I tried on both Roku and Apple TV, same. Anyone encounted this or have a clue?

Do you subscribe to both Starz and Encore, or just the Starz package by itself? Most of the Encore theme channels (in the 340's) are a separate package. If these movies are from that package, that may explain why they are locked to you, unless you also subscribe to Encore.

We would definitely want to review your account to make sure the programming is subscribed to, or troubleshoot the issue. Please reach out to our teams here with your account information for further assistance! Thank you!

-Jessica M.

Thank all of you. I did not subscribe to Encore only Starz. I just called and cancelled the subscription. I will just purchase it direct from Starz.

Reactions: pattykay
I subscribe to both Starz and encore. It happened last week and we called and it was a glitch the were working on. After a while or next day when I checked it was gone. I can watch through app on my phone. We have dishes in every room but I prefer Roku so I'm signed in for all movie channels on Roku. It was working last night for me to watch new episode of force but today locked to watch shining vale. I'm going to give it a day before I call. Were thinking of cutting cable and just subscribing to the movie channels and getting a home satellite for local news. We do Netflix and Hulu and Disney. Between all of those I'm trying hard to get my old school parents to ditch cable. It worked out to 47 to get rid of cable and subscribe to max, Starz, showtime anytime. I know I can download more apps but I don't. The only issue is we pay for AMC but to get all the shows you have to be AMC plus membership. Wtf!!! Like our cable bill is around 260 and doesn't cover that. Yes I could dvr what I want to watch I guess or demand. But I hate the platform. So 18 for Netflix 18 for Disney and Hulu which you can get primetime evening shows next day. Amazon prime has great content if you already have it. Total bill be closer to 80 but still a savings. My mom worries if I internet goes down. Each of us have at least 3 devices. Netflix has a auto download feature that downloads what you want but will keep downloading content the think you like. So if Internet or storm comes through you can watch on that. I also like the idea of having the options if you pay for each to pause for 3 to 4 months then just play catch up on your shows. This is what I did for AMC plus fear of walking dead. I think my dad is getting a big antenna for Christmas and then he will cut the bill we really don't need. After a while if he wants to go back because it's all he knows at least you get new customer price. Or even going down to one cablebox in living room and his if he wants with the most basic cable package. It's really only for news because he's old school. My kids don't watch regular cable except when they were young for bluey. I preferred noggin but they made that a only app subscription anyways. Also as a family we can split subscription cost. I pay for Disney and Hulu and they have Netflix. It a way I would be sad to see cable go but I lived 10 years away and we only did subscriptions and piggybacked off their movies. Which in some subscriptions you can't do that now because they use gps locations occasionally. Because all my shows work away from the house. Everytime I go to a hotel I bring a Roku. Ok

Reactions: charlesrshell