Starz/HBO 3 months free promo? For current customers.

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Others have mentioned they have 2 offers on their Dish account page.

1. $10 off for 12 months with NEW 24 month commitment

2. HBO/Starz FREE for 3 months, no commitment

I do not have these offers OR any offers on my page, because it says I have an annual plan (which I do not) and to call. Others have stated the same.

My question is-

Has anyone who does not have these offers on their Dish website page been able to call in and receive them?

I called in and they said because I already had HBO I could not get this offer. I have seen some say they have these 2 channels already and they are just crediting the account for 3 months.

Last edited:
Yep mine shows up as $20 credit for 3 months for Starz and HBO. "No Commitment" I've had the Everything pack for the last 5 months.
And my other offer was $10 credit per month for 12 months,but this also came with 24 month commitment.

CURRENT PROGRAMMING

• AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK
    $109.98
  • GoldHD
    $10.00
  • Superstation Package
    $5.99
  • PlatinumHD
    $10.00
  • DISH Home Protection Plan
    $5.99
  • DISH Flicks
    $1.95
  • 3 Mths Prem Offer 2 of 3
    -$20.00
  • Loyalty Offer 2 OF 12
    -$10.00
  • Fees $7.00
  • TOTAL $120.91
This is right off my Programming section of my online account.
Don't let the $109.98 Everything price fool anyone ,Its really $102.98. But when you add Playboy TV to the Everything pack its only $7 added to the price instead of $15.

I KNOW you have it Hemi, you're the one that told us about it :):up

OK, after some CSR roulette, I was able to get the deal. I had to wait on hold about 10 minutes while the third CSR figured it out, but she did it. (Well, I haven't seen my bill yet!)

BTW, First CSR in India, 2nd in Colorado, 3rd in Jersey. So, you never know who can help you.....

So, the moral of the story -

If you don't see the HBO/Starz promotion on your page, you can probably still get it if you want it, and are willing to work for it.

Just go and log in to your account and check the current offers. I picked up the $10 of for a year with 2 year commitment off of my account page. I chatted with a csr about max for a penny and they offered hbo and starz for free for 90 days. You still have to pay $5 to turn it off.

I just went and chatted with a rep. Here's my conversation:

I've heard some people talk about getting $10/month off their bill for resigning for 24 months. I wondered if I could get this offer?

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Harrison K..

(03) Harrison K.: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Harrison K.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Harrison K.: I see that you are not under any commitment.
(03) Harrison K.: I am sorry, we don't have any such offers.

Edgar: Hmmm....okay. Thanks anyway.
(03) Harrison K.: You're very welcome.
(03) Harrison K.: Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?

Edgar: Yes.
(03) Harrison K.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

:(

It's strange that he said I'm under "no commitment", since I just Dish'd it up to get a second HD DVR (722), and then a few days later re-commited again to get HBO/Starz free for 3 months.

Maybe I'll try another CSR later.

I also meant to mention that when I click on "offers" on my account page, I get a message saying "Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable."

they offered hbo and starz for free for 90 days. You still have to pay $5 to turn it off.

That's not a free preview, it's a $5 preview. Just tell them no.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Tom H.
(03) Tom H: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Tom H: I'd be happy to assist you with that.
(03) Tom H: Could you please verify the address on the account?
Me: [my address]
(03) Tom H: Thank you.
(03) Tom H: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Tom H: It is done, I have removed the starz and platinum.
(03) Tom H: Your new monthly rate will be $54.99 excluding the taxes. Your next bill will be slightly different than this rate because we charge from the date you make a change plus a one time $5 transaction fee for downgrading your service.
(03) Tom H: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Me: There should not be a $5 fee.
Me: PlatinumHD and Starz were free previews... it's not "free" if I have to pay
(03) Tom H: To better assist you, please give me one minute to review your response.
(03) Tom H: I apologize for any inconvenience, there will be no downgrade fee, you are correct.
(03) Tom H: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Me: yes, thank you
(03) Tom H: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
(03) Tom H: I wish you and your family a wonderful day.

(03) Tom H: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
(03) Tom H: I wish you and your family a wonderful day.

So the real question is, did you and your family have a wonderful day?

I've been a customer for a few years and already pay for HBO/Starz. When I upgraded one of my receivers to a 722 last month they gave me HBO/Starz free for 3 months.

I just did the chat I had them drop the Platinum HD free for three months promo. Which they waived the $5 downgrade fee. They then added the HBO/Starz promo, without a commitment. I asked and they said no downgrade fee as long as I cancel it after the three months are up.

I get the "this service is not available" message today too. For the past couple of days it was different. There was a mention of 3 free months of HBO and Starz, but only in conjuntion with going with TurboHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts