Starz HD and Cinemax HD on TWC

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
If this has already been discussed, please forgive me, I have been out of this forum for a few weeks. But this morning, in San Antonio TX, I was running down the channel lineup and found that TWC has now added Starz and Cinemax HD to its lineup of HD channels making a total of 18 HD channels in their package.

As far as I know, this is more available than any other service unless you count the Dish VOOM channels which I just dropped due to running the same stuff over and over for the past year at a ridiculous price for what you get.

TWC has made no official announcement of the new additions as far as I have seen and it isn't yet reflected on their website but they're there. Also do not know if there will be a rate increase for the expanded HD lineup.

And, yes, the HD quality is equal to or better than D* or E* because I've had them all.

ddlsmith said:
If this has already been discussed, please forgive me, I have been out of this forum for a few weeks. But this morning, in San Antonio TX, I was running down the channel lineup and found that TWC has now added Starz and Cinemax HD to its lineup of HD channels making a total of 18 HD channels in their package.

As far as I know, this is more available than any other service unless you count the Dish VOOM channels which I just dropped due to running the same stuff over and over for the past year at a ridiculous price for what you get.

TWC has made no official announcement of the new additions as far as I have seen and it isn't yet reflected on their website but they're there. Also do not know if there will be a rate increase for the expanded HD lineup.

And, yes, the HD quality is equal to or better than D* or E* because I've had them all.

Hmmmm, I just scanned through my entire lineup here in Columbus, Ohio and did not see Starz HD or Cinemax HD. I would think such an addition would be made throughout all of TW's communities, but maybe not and maybe that's why no announcement was made. Anyway, I anxiously await Starz On-Demand!

Just because 1 city adds them does not mean that they are immenent in other cities. For example UniversalHD is on TWC in North Carolina, I haven't seen it in Dayton, Ohio since the Olympics.

mlb said:
Just because 1 city adds them does not mean that they are immenent in other cities. For example UniversalHD is on TWC in North Carolina, I haven't seen it in Dayton, Ohio since the Olympics.

UniversalHD was added here a few weeks ago.

Time Warner Cable San Antonio is offering cable subscribers two new extra channels in high definition television.
The company is offering Cinemax HD and Starz HD to customers on channels 182 and 382 at no extra charge to those who already subscribe to these premium movie channels.

Jon Gary Herrera, vice president of governmental and public affairs for Time Warner Cable, says customers can now watch nearly 20 channels in high definition television.
High-definition television, or HDTV, has a resolution of more than 2 million pixels -- offering more than six times the detail of regular television.

Sean Mota said:
Time Warner Cable San Antonio is offering cable subscribers two new extra channels in high definition television.
The company is offering Cinemax HD and Starz HD to customers on channels 182 and 382 at no extra charge to those who already subscribe to these premium movie channels.

Jon Gary Herrera, vice president of governmental and public affairs for Time Warner Cable, says customers can now watch nearly 20 channels in high definition television.
High-definition television, or HDTV, has a resolution of more than 2 million pixels -- offering more than six times the detail of regular television.

Thanks Sean. Couldn't be happier with the HD menu and picture quality on San Antonio TWC. The only thing they are missing is the local FOX channel in HD and I'm not sure why. Apparently there is some kind of feud going on between TWC and FOX in SA, not sure what it is about but wish they would settle it because there is a lot of FOX programming I like.

In addition, they are running a promotion to target AT&T and I just switched to their digital phone and Roadrunner internet service and will get $20 off PER MONTH of the cable bill for the next 12 months. That puts every single cable channel including the 20 HD, all movie channels except Playboy, video on demand, digital phone with all features, and high speed internet at about $150/month after the 12 month discount. They've gotta be killing the local AT&T with that promotion. I had been an SBC/AT&T customer for over 20 years but adios, no mas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)