Starz losing subs battle with Ergen looms

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't think it was Shorts HD either, that wasn't and still isn't very popular.

Nope not DISNEY XD. :) You already have DISNEY XD in HD, you just have to watch it online, buts included with your DISH Subscription. :)
Well, not in my Dish subscription, since I have Welcome Pack. However, I also have Directv's Family package, so you are correct: I already have Disney XD in HD. :)

can u give us a clue scott what is it?
You listed the other two channels, matching Scott's description, in post number 61.

Well, not in my Dish subscription, since I have Welcome Pack. However, I also have Directv's Family package, so you are correct: I already have Disney XD in HD. :)

You listed the other two channels, matching Scott's description, in post number 61.
smithsonian channel and i cannot remember the other one offhand.i dont have disney xd hd what is going on.

real funny you guys you think i am addicted to dish network i just want more hd channels to watch and a couple of music apps to listen to.no i am not sick did you know that by the end of next year all channels on directv will be in hd how about you dish adding all the channels that have hd feeds add them.

real funny you guys you think i am addicted to dish network i just want more hd channels to watch and a couple of music apps to listen to.no i am not sick did you know that by the end of next year all channels on directv will be in hd how about you dish adding all the channels that have hd feeds add them.
Where did you get DirecTV will be all HD? I highly doubt that EVERYTHING will be by then. Plus they plan on using some space for linear 4K content, what ever that might be.

Where did you get DirecTV will be all HD? I highly doubt that EVERYTHING will be by then. Plus they plan on using some space for linear 4K content, what ever that might be.
Back in 2012 Philip J. Goswitz, DIRECTV's Senior Vice President for Space and Communications stated all standard-def channels would be converted to HDTVby 2016 using local-into-local Ka Band capacity.

Back in 2012 Philip J. Goswitz, DIRECTV's Senior Vice President for Space and Communications stated all standard-def channels would be converted to HDTVby 2016 using local-into-local Ka Band capacity.
I wouldn't count on it. A lot can change in 4 years time, not to mention AT&T is at the helm of DirecTV now.
As for your wish for Dish to make EVERYTHING HD, they can't now, as it is, they don't have the capacity on the Western Arc to do so, even considering the 8PSK conversion.

I wouldn't count on it. A lot can change in 4 years time, not to mention AT&T is at the helm of DirecTV now.
As for your wish for Dish to make EVERYTHING HD, they can't now, as it is, they don't have the capacity on the Western Arc to do so, even considering the 8PSK conversion.
i thought the 8psk conversion was finshed already

i thought the 8psk conversion was finshed already
I am not sure, I didn't say it wasn't, what I did say is even with the completion of the conversion to all 8PSK on the western arc, there is still not enough bandwidth to launch EVERY HD feed that is available.

i understand no problem at all do you think it will a while before dish will go all hd.i counted over 50 channels minus the rsns that have hd feeds that are not added in hd. also i wanted to know why does dish only do 1 new hd channel every month could they add a three or four a month.with that viacom possible dispute going on i hope that gets resolved so we can see nickjr,teenick and nicktoons all in hd.

Reactions: Troch77
Directv has said and is scheduled to be all HD. Original timetable was by the end of 2016 but there are signs it may be earlier.
http://www.fiercecable.com/story/report-directv-plan-go-all-hd-ahead-schedule/2015-03-09
i did not know about that link thanks for sharing that for us maybe if dish would know about this they could do something.they are missing 50 or more channels that have hd feeds.i would like to see dish go all hd in the near future.once dish goes all hd maybe they should add some 4k channels also.i am planning on buying a 4k tv for christmas and i will be happy if dish would add some 4k channels to their lineup.

scott do you know when will the 8psk conversion will be completed to make room for new hd channels and 4k channels and room on the western arc.who knows whats going to happen with directv with their lineup At&t will have the same lineup with directv who knows when that will be completed only time will tell right.

What's your favorite Channels?

What's your favorite Channels?
rfdtvhd,pursuit channel,world fishing channel,

i put in my requests for these hd channels starz in cinema,starz in black,blue highwaystv,nickjr,disney junior,disney xd,ride,world fising network,smithsonian,shortstv,

what hd channels you would like to see added on dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)