Starz losing subs battle with Ergen looms

Status
Please reply by conversation.
real funny you guys you think i am addicted to dish network i just want more hd channels to watch and a couple of music apps to listen to.no i am not sick did you know that by the end of next year all channels on directv will be in hd how about you dish adding all the channels that have hd feeds add them.
Ya know, many years back when I had Dish, some of my locals were not available in HD, some were. That was not good enough for me so I went to Comcast cable TV because they had what i wanted. A year and a half later Dish had those same channels in HD and I went right back. My suggestion to you is to subscribe to the company that offers you everything you want in HD and all the apps and radio stations. Wait, nobody does that! Uh oh, what's a man to do.....

Ya know, many years back when I had Dish, some of my locals were not available in HD, some were. That was not good enough for me so I went to Comcast cable TV because they had what i wanted. A year and a half later Dish had those same channels in HD and I went right back. My suggestion to you is to subscribe to the company that offers you everything you want in HD and all the apps and radio stations. Wait, nobody does that! Uh oh, what's a man to do.....
i understand i do not have much choice to swtich in this area for cable there is mediacrap for satellite dish or directv.for phone and internet frontier.i just wish dish would add some more hd channels at least add a couple or three a month.so we can play catch up with directv.

rfdtvhd,pursuit channel,world fishing channel,

i put in my requests for these hd channels starz in cinema,starz in black,blue highwaystv,nickjr,disney junior,disney xd,ride,world fising network,smithsonian,shortstv,

what hd channels you would like to see added on dish?
Mainly the Missing Premiums.
Other then that, I'm mostly set.
I would like to see a Deal struck with Comcast Philadelphia.
I really miss that channel.

Wait- he published something he didn't first read here?

Look at channel 216. Popularity has nothing to do with it.
I know a lot of folks don't like AJ America, but I like to watch it because it shows world news, not just US news. I wish they would add BBC World. I wouldn't doubt AJ paying to get HD carriage.

Good for us, but bad for Starz is that Dish offers the On Demand service in the pack that was Blockbuster@ Home. Nobody really cares about the linear channels anymore. The only linear service that I get is EPIX, and only because it's part of a package that I subscribe to.

Last edited:
i thought the 8psk conversion was finshed already
The 8PSK conversion is not 100 percent complete yet. I have a 501 that still gets a few free channels in QPSK. I think Scott said that the transponders carrying Welcome Pack channels are remaining QPSK temporarily for Seasonal Accounts.

How seasonal can 4 years be? This has been going on to my knowledge, since 2011-2012. I'm not disagreeing, but damn they are generous.

How seasonal can 4 years be? This has been going on to my knowledge, since 2011-2012. I'm not disagreeing, but damn they are generous.
The main 8PSK conversion was in July / August of this year. I was only referring to the transponders that remained QPSK after that.

Good for us, but bad for Starz is that Dish offers the On Demand service in the pack that was Blockbuster@ Home. Nobody really cares about the linear channels anymore. The only linear service that I get is EPIX, and only because it's part of a package that I subscribe to.
I like live channels.
If I wanted to VOD everything I wouldn't subscribe to Dish Network .

I don't know if your a Pub Member or not, but if you were, you'd be in on the loop.

Don't be coy. It's been years since I've been in Chicago. Fill us peons in. ;)

Regardless, I'm absolutely sure that there weren't millions of Dish AJA viewers asking for a bandwidth increase on 216.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts