Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

I do have a question after reading hundreds of posts in here. I do admit that I am confused, but here goes. In December 2009 I upgraded to HD. I have a 500 pointing at 110/119 and a separate smaller dish pointing at 61.5. I live in salisbury, maryland 21804... Am I correct in thinking a single 1000.2 (which I think is 110/119/129) or a single 1000.4 (which I think is 61.5/72.7/77) will replace my current setup? And either of the two setups receive the same programming just one is east and one is west arc? I subscribe to the everything pack with HD... should I expect to lose any channels? I am just trying to get ready for the tech who is supposed to come out on Monday, June 7. Thanks.

Mike

I do have a question after reading hundreds of posts in here. I do admit that I am confused, but here goes. In December 2009 I upgraded to HD. I have a 500 pointing at 110/119 and a separate smaller dish pointing at 61.5. I live in salisbury, maryland 21804... Am I correct in thinking a single 1000.2 (which I think is 110/119/129) or a single 1000.4 (which I think is 61.5/72.7/77) will replace my current setup? And either of the two setups receive the same programming just one is east and one is west arc? I subscribe to the everything pack with HD... should I expect to lose any channels? I am just trying to get ready for the tech who is supposed to come out on Monday, June 7. Thanks.

Mike

You are correct in that there is no difference in national programming between the arcs. There are differences in RSNs (regional sports nets) and locals though. I believe your DMA is classified as a western arc DMA so you should get a 1000.2 WA install.

I agree most strongly with harshness. I don't think a 1000.4 dish will work well with WA. Stick with a 1000.2 or some combination of dish 500s.

OK thanks. I will use this info when the tech comes out. I do have AAD channels on 110/119, so that will probably work out better anyway. Thanks for the help.

Technician just left my house...

So the technician just left my house. I currently have the two dish setup (110/119/61.5) and he informed me that I don't have the LOS for the new dish (I have a large tree in my backyard that blocks it).There are additional trees further back that keep me from using a pole or other such setup...

The technician informed me that they are still installing the two dish setup to customers who dont have a LOS to the newer sat..i was surprised to hear this based on conversations here.

So here is my questions:

Can I expect to start losing more channels (paritcularly HD ones) over the coming months? If so, how long till this happens?

Is this grounds for me to get out of my contract with Dish (I love Dish, hate to move away from them..but if Im going to lose my HD...)

So the technician just left my house. I currently have the two dish setup (110/119/61.5) and he informed me that I don't have the LOS for the new dish (I have a large tree in my backyard that blocks it).There are additional trees further back that keep me from using a pole or other such setup...

The technician informed me that they are still installing the two dish setup to customers who dont have a LOS to the newer sat..i was surprised to hear this based on conversations here.

So here is my questions:

Can I expect to start losing more channels (paritcularly HD ones) over the coming months? If so, how long till this happens?

I assume you meant the 1000.2 western arc antenna? Or was it the eastern arc 1000.4? Honestly, there is no way to know for sure right now. Originally E* planned to move all the national HD to 72.7 from 61.5, hence the program to move subs from hybrid installs. Now there's a new sat that's heading to 61.5 in another month. Whether E* changes plans remains to be seen. Without knowing your location (zip code) and which arc your locals are on, it's hard to be more specific.

Is this grounds for me to get out of my contract with Dish (I love Dish, hate to move away from them..but if Im going to lose my HD...)

Usually not, but sometimes you get lucky.

So here is my questions:

Something smells fishy. If you can get 61.5 from there, the other two EA sats are higher in the sky. For 77 particularly, you'd be looking almost straight up. You should be able to get them.

Tree is 60 ft tall, house is 30ft

The tehcnician mentioned this in his visit, however the tree in question is about 30 ft taller then the house..The trees further back eiminate the detached garage as an option as well :(

Is 129 too low in elevation to receive? If you have line of sight, maybe a 1000.2 for the western arc with a wing for your locals if on 61.5 would work.

Not sure - can you et the Western Arc in Western PA (Lansdale/Phily area)? I think my hd locals are on 61.5, and to be honest, I would even consider losing them since I have an OTA antenna that gets the locals anyway.

At this point, I think i might just wait it out until Dish contacts me to say that I *have* to be upgraded. My only concern is losing channels in the middle of the tv season. The new HD channels arent must haves for me, and even if i could just keep the ones I have now, I think Id be happy going forward...

Something smells fishy. If you can get 61.5 from there, the other two EA sats are higher in the sky. For 77 particularly, you'd be looking almost straight up. You should be able to get them.

I have the 2 dish 110/119/61.5 setup. I can not get 129 because of LOS. I was told that I could not have EA because I do not have LOS to 77. The tech said he could not repoint the 61.5 to see both 61.5 and 72.

Dish will not let me out of my contract without penalty.

Dish does not carry a lot of the Brewer's games in HD and I can not get the new HD channels. I love Dish, however, this will force me when my committement is up to switch to D*.

To end my saga, Dish sent out techs this morning to re-align my dish @ 61.5 to 129. All is well, signal strength is fine, and all the new channels are showing up. They were here about 30 minutes with only 10-15 needed to re-align the dish.

Locals in Salisbury?

To end my saga, Dish sent out techs this morning to re-align my dish @ 61.5 to 129. All is well, signal strength is fine, and all the new channels are showing up. They were here about 30 minutes with only 10-15 needed to re-align the dish.

So you getting all your locals (WBOC, etc.) in Salisbury?

Ok hoping someone can help me out. I currently have 110/119 on one dish, and 61.5 on another dish. I have 3 lines going to a DP34 which goes to a second DP34. I am in 02324, Boston Market. When this first came out they said I would have to pay 99 dollars to upgrade. Is this correct? Also what setup should I be getting? Also on a side note, is there a fee for removing a superstation? Thanks in advance.

Ok hoping someone can help me out. I currently have 110/119 on one dish, and 61.5 on another dish. I have 3 lines going to a DP34 which goes to a second DP34. I am in 02324, Boston Market. When this first came out they said I would have to pay 99 dollars to upgrade. Is this correct? Also what setup should I be getting? Also on a side note, is there a fee for removing a superstation? Thanks in advance.

If you wait unil contacted by E* by phone or postcard, it will be free. Otherwise, you may get lucky with a CSR.

Has anyone in the Atlanta market gotten a call yet? Neither my parents nor my brother, both with 61.5 + 110/119 setups, have received any contact from Dish.

Also, besides the 9 HD channels launched in Feb, are there any other ones that have been added that a 61.5 + 110/119 setup is missing?

I have the 2 dish 110/119/61.5 setup. I can not get 129 because of LOS. I was told that I could not have EA because I do not have LOS to 77. The tech said he could not repoint the 61.5 to see both 61.5 and 72.

Dish will not let me out of my contract without penalty.

Dish does not carry a lot of the Brewer's games in HD and I can not get the new HD channels. I love Dish, however, this will force me when my committement is up to switch to D*.

I had the same problem with 77 and had no problem getting a third dish and DP44 to add 72.7. Keep trying.

So last night, I signed up for DPP with the intention of having my 110/119 + 61.5 upgraded to 1000.4 for $15. Then I made the request via chat - they were able to schedule me for Noon-5pm today - and the rep told me there would be no charge. D'oh!

Actually, I take the D'oh! back: Coincidentally, my ViP722's hard drive threw a fit this morning. The tech showed up at about 12:30 and also had a VIP722k on the truck.

So now I've got all the recent HD additions and a new DVR. Which is all great, although I would have preferred not to lose all those recordings!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts