Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

Hi there, I saw your site the other day regarding the new hd channels that were put on to 129/72.7 and not 61.5 i called dish today to have them come out and install the eastern arc here in southern maine. (So far easy right) Well
my issue is that I have All american direct hd locals from 110 and the portland standard locals from 110. Will they be able to hook up my system so that I can still access my programming of locals and distants from the 110 sat?

(My setup hopefully will be 77, 72.7, 61.5, 110)
I really need help with this question.

Thanks, Armand

I have that exact setup : eastern arc + side sat for 110. It works fine.

I have a question for those of you have called an setup a work order and have lost their channels. What channels are you losing, is it just the hd channels or random channels? If it's just the hd channels i can live with losing those for a few days and just watch the sd versions, but its random channels i dont want to risk calling in today, cause if they cant come out tomorrow I wont be able to get this done till monday.

Edit: Also, I have 522 receiver, would that work with EA?

So the 522 wont work with EA?

The 522 (& 625) will NOT work with EA. Nor will any of the 3xx or 5xx series. Nor will the 4 digit series. You must have a ViP series to work with EA (or the rare 411).

Despite an earlier post, they WILL work with "WA" - 110/119/129. And they'll work with 110/119/61.5 (my current config).

Has anybody been able to email Dish expressing their displeasure?

I tried to send a note to the "ceo@dishnet.com" email address and got a "mail not delivered" message back from email client.

Now I am totally confused, there is a 99% chance that I will not get 129 because of trees, alot of them. So would what bwinroc had done above work for me (72/77)? I live just south of the canal near long pond rd.

Lawman,

If you have any SD receivers on your account a Eastern Arc Dish will not work. What you need is to receive 129 or 61.5 and 72.7 for your HD programing. Currently the SD Rochester locals are on 110, and you must receive the Locals in SD for your EPG Guide Data to be populated if you have an OTA antenna for the local HD channels.

The only solutions that would work for you to get all the programing you are subscribed too as well as the Locals and Locals HD Guide Data is 1) 119/110 and either 129 or 61.5 and 72.7. or 2) 61.5, 72.7, 77, and 110.

The best solution would be replacing your 61.5 Dish with an Eastern Arc Dish and running a Cable from the Dish 500's 110 Output to the LNB input on the Eastern Arc LNB. This solution will only work if all the receivers are VIP HD receivers.

If you have some SD receivers and or you can't get a signal from 129 then the only solution would be to install a Third Dish Pointed at 72.7 so you can receive 119,110, 61.5 and 72.7.

John

I have a similar problem. I have a vip211mpeg4 hd receiver and a 301 mpeg2 sd receiver.

I called Dish's customer service. The CSR told me that I could get Eastern Arc and still keep both receivers. I specifically questioned the rep about the mpeg2 and he told me that the installer could set up the sat dish with a separate lnb for the sd receiver.

This goes against everything I thought I knew about Eastern Arc but he was adamant. Take it for what it's worth.

I suggest you call Dish csr and check for yourself.

Got the problem solved today. Called yesterday, Ended up in tech support, and they understood quickly. $99 to fix. Asked if i could re-add DHPP, added it and $15.00 later, new WA dish installed. South florida WPB area and works great. Didn't loose locals when the rain hit tonight.

I called Dish yesterday, talked to Tech Support. (I was one of the "small number" on 61.5/110/119.) Signed up for the protection plan and got my 2 dishes replaced today with a single dish on 110/119/129 for the $15 charge. Entire phone call only took a few minutes. Now have the new HD plus all the channels I had before.

Still not sure what type of equipment they're going to use but i'm not paying anything for the upgrade. Didn't haveto argure or ask they told me it was for free.

Ron

I don't buy into the "upgrades should be free" train of thought. I've been with Dish since the start & always figured any hardware upgrades would entail some sort of cost and $15 isn't unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination. For those who need a receiver upgrade, $50-100 isn't a bad deal, either, like I did a few years back upgrading from my old 3000 to my present VIP 622. In either case, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than paying full retail price (...or even wholesale price) for hardware upgrades. As for looking else for TV service, D* would be the only other reasonable option, though they don't have all of the same channels, with cable costing a LOT more and FIOS not even an option here (...and my understanding is that they're more expensive, too).

Don't quite agree with you. When Dish went from the Dish 300 system to the Dish 500 system 10 years ago the upgrade was for free. When Dish put some of my locals on 61.5 rather than 119 or 110 it was for free. No questions asked it was their policy.

Ron

I called on 2/11. The customer service rep (for existing customers) AND her supervisor never heard of the issue.

I managed to get transferred to tech support--they knew the issue. I was on the phone almost an hour. The bottom line--although they were hoping that a promo would be issued "soon", right now it would cost me $95.

OK, I am 9 year customer with Dish. I have every movie and HD package, the superstations, the regional sports channels, my locals, the Center Ice package, and I even subscribe to the monthly print program guide. And I'm supposed to pay THEM $95 to unscrew-up their lame satellite set-up?!?!

Riiiiiight....

I told them I would call back Sunday. If they can't come up with a promo by then, they can come and get their GD equipment and I will be signing up with U-Verse. I left cable 9 years ago over such sh***y treatment; I'll have no problem leaving Dish now.

Lawman,

Currently the SD Rochester locals are on 110, and you must receive the Locals in SD for your EPG Guide Data to be populated if you have an OTA antenna for the local HD channels.
John

Boy, just ready that statement sounds so screwed up but, but it's very true and a very good point. I still need 110 even on a EA and even through my receivers are 722's because I get SD Buffalo locals from 110 and HD Bufffalo locals from 61.5. I also have a OTA antenna for Rochester locals that needs guide data.

I just got off the online chat and they are coming out tomorrow morning ....no charge and have not lost any channels. Here is my pleasant experience===>

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: To better assist you, please give me one minute to review your response. and check into your account
PK: thank you
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Sure no problem
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: May I have your full phone number I have now #########
PK: my cell is ###-## or you may have my old land line ###-#
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Thank you.
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Are you home right now?
PK: yes
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Can you please press the menu button on the remote followed by 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), then 3 (System Info) and tell me what is listed in field G? (If Warning 504 appears please select yes to access the system info screen.)
PK: hold on a moment
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: ok
PK: 119 110 61.5
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Thank you
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: One moment please
PK: ok
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: thanks
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: So we have what is called a Migration to the western arc, which we can do for you there is no charge to send the tech out and to get you the correct satellite signals for all the New HD channels
PK: that would be awesome!
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: May I have your address so I know where I am sending the tech
PK: ######################
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Thanks
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: 02/14 8am-12pm is the soonest date and timeframe we can have a technician out to resolve this for you. Is someone over the age of 18 going to be home during this time?
PK: yes....that is tomorrow...i will be home
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: ok great
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Can you identify two major cross streets near your home to help the installer in finding your house?
PK: #############......please give him my cell phone ###-## as it is still difficult to find.
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Thank you and, Your Technician Visit is scheduled for 02/14 between 8am-12pm,. Please make sure that there is at least 3' clearance behind the TV prior to the technician arriving. The tech will arrive at your home during this timeframe; however the completion of the work may go past 12pm. Please plan accordingly so that the tech can complete the work as required. If you need to reschedule, please call 1-800-894-9131 or contact us through the Live Chat link online at least 24 hours in advance to notify us. Someone 18 years or older will need to be present in order for the work to be performed. Your Technician Visit includes a 60 day warranty.
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
PK: will that be a new dish....or will he just repoint mine
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: It depends when they get there if they can get the signal with the dish you have now
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: If not they will install a new one
PK: ok....thank you very much. (you may want to tell him to wear rubber boots....it is pretty muddy around here but should not interfere
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: I will note the work order
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Thanks you
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
PK: no ma'am you have been a fantastic help
(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a wonderful day!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Just tried online chat. The agent would not budge on the $15 plus $6 per month or $95 without the plan. When I mentioned that some customers were getting the migration for free she indicated that was not the case. E-mailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and have not received a response yet. :(

When I mentioned that some customers were getting the migration for free .
You need to take some of those claims with a grain of salt.:rolleyes:
$15 is whats being offered to customers with protection plans ,thats whats being offered to Eastern Arc customers.
Western Arc customers are making a simple dish swap, if any Upgrades at all.

1000.2 dishes are also cheaper and smaller the 1000.4 dishes
1000.2 Dishes are 19x24
1000.4 Dishes are 22x28

Last edited:
Just concluded a chat with Tech Support. Was told that Burlington Vermont is on the western arc, that an eastern arc solution is not available, and that a western arc solution would mean losing some current channels. The rep also commented that many more changes were coming at an unspecified time. Does this all sound right?

$15 would be fine with me but they want $15 + new 2 year contract. I'm so disgusted with them right now due to receiver fees that there's no way they're ever getting me into a contract again.

$15 would be fine with me but they want $15 + new 2 year contract. I'm so disgusted with them right now due to receiver fees that there's no way they're ever getting me into a contract again.

That's curious, as it seems to contradict what others have posted. As long as you don't need to upgrade your receivers (which would mean they'd want to charge you $99+) you shouldn't need to commit. I know, like you, that I would never sign another agreement with Dish for something like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)