Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

I just got set up today. I chatted twice and both reps said it would cost $15 but their scheduling system was down but to call. When I called, the rep didn't even know that new HD channels had been added but she worked with me and got me scheduled. She said no charge. They replaced my 61.5 500 with a 1000.4, left my 110/119 500 in place, and added a switch. Working great!

The tech told me that they were told to expect to be doing a lot of these.

This is very good news to me. I expect they'll need to change out my switches also. But I want to keep 110/119 with EA.

Well it's 1 am here I just called. First got the overseas accent and hung up. Then got an accent I could understand, American. Tech was on the ball and helpful, said it would be $95 without maint plan and $15 with. So I signed up for the $6 maint plan. He then gave me an appointment between 8 and noon TODAY!!!! That's 8 hours from now. So far so good.

My current setup is my original Dish 500 110/119 and they have my 61.5 on my old Voom dish. I assume they will put up a Dish 1000 . Do they need to leave the 61.5 for my locals?

Hey guys, I don't know much about all this satellite and dish stuff so maybe you can explain this to me. I tried to get a new dish for these HD channels and was told by the executive department that I cannot receive those new channels. What they said in the email they sent me was:

"Unfortunately, you will not be able to watch the HD Channels that come from the 129 Orbital Location. The reason for this is that you are outside of the 129 Orbital Footprint. Think of a footprint as a flashlight shining down. The “light” does not hit the part of New York state that you live in. I do apologize about the inconvenience this may cause."

Is this right that certain areas can simply not receive satellite 129? Or is this just a bad representative? Is there absolutely nothing I can do if this is true? Any help or clarification would be appreciated.

Hey guys, I don't know much about all this satellite and dish stuff so maybe you can explain this to me. I tried to get a new dish for these HD channels and was told by the executive department that I cannot receive those new channels. What they said in the email they sent me was:

"Unfortunately, you will not be able to watch the HD Channels that come from the 129 Orbital Location. The reason for this is that you are outside of the 129 Orbital Footprint. Think of a footprint as a flashlight shining down. The “light” does not hit the part of New York state that you live in. I do apologize about the inconvenience this may cause."

Is this right that certain areas can simply not receive satellite 129? Or is this just a bad representative? Is there absolutely nothing I can do if this is true? Any help or clarification would be appreciated.

They're right in their explanation; but I'm not sure about the reasoning. Don't know exactly where you are in NY; but being in the Northeast US, it seems they should just be able to hook you up with the Eastern Arc, which is what I'm on. It could be a local channel thing; but then they should still be able to put one dish up to get the Eastern Arc, and keep a smaller dish pointed at the satellite needed for local channels. If I were you, I'd go on-line and do a Dish Chat and tell the CSR you want the Eastern Arc to be able to get the new HD channels and see what they say.

Doppy,

I live in Rochester, NY. I just had a Dish 500 installed to get 129, the signal is strength is VERY good, same signal strength as 119/110.

Dish launched a new Satellite in 2009 to 129. Its Footprint does cover full CONUS, with that said the elevation angle in the Northeast is very low.

Before Dish replaced the satellite at 129 it was true receiving 129 in the Northeast wasn't possible or extremely problematic. If you can get LOS to the satellite at 129 you will have plenty of signal strength.

John

Help installer on the way. He called first. Said I can't get 129 from new jersey. He's going to put in 70 or 72 and leave the 119 and 61.5. I lose 110 I guess is this right?

Now I have a Dish500 with 110/119 and a separate 61.5 He will be here any minute..thanks

Help installer on the way. He called first. Said I can't get 129 from new jersey. He's going to put in 70 or 72 and leave the 119 and 61.5. I lose 110 I guess is this right?

Now I have a Dish500 with 110/119 and a separate 61.5 He will be here any minute..thanks

I had the same set up as you. The installer came out yesterday and replaced my 61.5 Dish with a 1000.4 eastern Arc Dish (61.5, 72.7, 77). I still have the Dish pointed at 110/119 for my older SD box. I would think they could do the same for you.

...(04-03rf#) Jennifer J. N64: Thank you and, Your Technician Visit is scheduled for 02/14 between 8am-12pm,. Please make sure that there is at least 3' clearance behind the TV prior to the technician arriving...

I have a really stupid question. If the installer is simply doing a repoint why does he need access behind the TV? Don't the changes take place outside?

I have a really stupid question. If the installer is simply doing a repoint why does he need access behind the TV? Don't the changes take place outside?

This is standard script reading. The TV doesn't need to be away from the wall at all.

How much bigger is the 1000.4 dish compared to the standard Dish 500 dish?

I've seen pictures online and the dimensions, but i'm wondering if anyone had any good pics of their 1000.4 install.

how can I tell what type of dish I have. It was installed 8/2009, I live in SW Ohio and have 2 HD boxes(612, 211).

I live outside Ithaca, NY and receive Syracuse locals. I have 110/119/61.5. I expected to be able to get EA and a 1000.4 dish. Here the text of the chat I tried after two conversations with clueless CSRs:

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: Hello. How are you doing today?
Christopher Lyons: Fine thanks!
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: I see that you are inquiring about the new HD channels, is that correct?
Christopher Lyons: Yes.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: I will be more than happy to assist you with that today. One moment while I access your account.
Christopher Lyons: Are you still there?
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: At this time you also do not have line of sight for the 72.7, which is the satellite location these channels come off with an Eastern Arc install. I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that Dish is committed to find a solution at this time.
Christopher Lyons: OK... What is the next step?
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: At this time, there is nothing that can be done until a resolution has been reached.
Christopher Lyons: Ah. So when you write "Dish is committed to find a solution at this time..." you do not mean at this time, you mean at some undetermined time.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: At this time we are committed and working diligently on a resolution.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: That means it could be tomorrow or it could be next week.
Christopher Lyons: How will I learn if and when a resolution is reached?
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: You will need to chat back in or call in to check on status of these new HD channels being available to you.
Christopher Lyons: That sounds like a frustrating process, but I thank you for your time.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: I apologize for any frustration.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: You're welcome.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a great day!

Well I was supposed to have a tech come out today to install a 1000.4 and swap out my 522. But we got some bad weather today, a mix of snow and rain. So I was expecting to get a cancellation call, so I was surprised when a relative called me at work to let me know that the tech showed up at the house. I asked her to put the tech on the phone so I could speak to him. I asked him if he was gonna be able to get on the roof with this bad weather, he tells me that he doesnt need to get on the roof that all he needed was to swap out a receiver. And I'm like, NO! So I tell the tech the deal, cause obviously HQ never told him the situation. He was aware of the ongoing situation with the new HD but he thought he was there to just upgrade a receiver. So obviously I had to re-schedule for Friday. I cant believe the lack of communication between HQ and the techs on the field. What's worse is when I when I first contacted CS to set this up, i did it on online chat cause I wanted to be able to print everything out for my records, and before ending session had the CSR verify that they would have a tech install a 1000.4 and swap out my 522. I even contacted Dish again yesterday to confirm my appointment and confirm they were installing the EA and replacing the receiver. So I dont understand where the miscommunications are coming from. So frustrating.

So my DISH install was scheduled for yesterday 8AM-12PM. I spent Sunday digging the dishes out and making easy walkways from the driveway through the 4 ft of snow. All was set.

About 11AM I decided to call DISH just to make sure everything was still on and the friendly "I can help with that" guy told me that my appointment was scheduled for Tuesday 8-12. I was quite angry.

When CSR "Matthew" came on the line, he explained that the appointment had been rescheduled so the installer could get the right equipment in and asked if anyone had called. They obviously hadn't.

Since I thought we were getting more snow last night, I rescheduled for Saturday and am hoping for the best.

Installers are here. They are going to try adding the 129 LNB to my 1000+ first which is what I originally asked for, but the CSR told me I needed a 1000.4.

Ted

Installers are here. They are going to try adding the 129 LNB to my 1000+ first which is what I originally asked for, but the CSR told me I needed a 1000.4.

Ted

I find it a little ironic the graphic on the installer's van that advertises TurboHD and has a guy catching a football.

Ted

The tech I've been chatting with just emailed me with who to call and ask for executive office or he offered to keep working on it and just give him a few more days. I asked him to keep working on it because he understands a 129 wont work and I need a1K4 with 110. Installer came last week with a dish for 129 but just too low in the sky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts