Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

Service tech was here yesterday. Put up on eastern arc. Got all the new HD channels but lost 3 locals. Locals come off of 119 - cannot get locals in HD because I am out of the spot beam. Still have NBC, CBS, ABC & FOX - lost CW, PBS and another local. Every time I switched to one of the locals I lost - searches satellite - starts at 119 then right away switches to 61.5. Tech thinks it has to do with the new eastern arc dish not working right in this area. When snow is off roof he is going to take the eastern off and put a 500 back on and add another 500 beside it to see if that will work. That will be 3 500 dishes at my house!! Hopefully it will work!!!

Oh, now this is an interesting development.....I had heard rumors that the EA did not work properly in my area. I am still waiting for a EA install and have just added a Dish looking at 72.7 and all is well.

They REFUSE to do the upgrade, unless I pay to replace an old receiver. Anyone else find this a little ridiculous, that they're basically forcing us to foot the bill for their decisions?

Edit: Why cant we get the 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129, and keep the wing dish at 61.5? And why do they keep shoving this eastern arc down my throat, when the western sats work fine.

Last edited:
Call and ask for cancellation department . Then see if they can work a deal to fix your situation. The only other thing I can recommend is to write to the following email address and tell them of your problems and then they should help you.

ceo@echostar.com

They REFUSE to do the upgrade, unless I pay to replace an old receiver. Anyone else find this a little ridiculous, that they're basically forcing us to foot the bill for their decisions?

Edit: Why cant we get the 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129, and keep the wing dish at 61.5? And why do they keep shoving this eastern arc down my throat, when the western sats work fine.

In the big scheme of things, maybe this is what they're looking for - Those on one side of the Country will be on the Western Arc, and those on the other side will be on the Eastern Arc. ;)

http://www.dbstalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15242&d=1219285314

Service tech was here yesterday. Put up on eastern arc. Got all the new HD channels but lost 3 locals. Locals come off of 119 - cannot get locals in HD because I am out of the spot beam. Still have NBC, CBS, ABC & FOX - lost CW, PBS and another local.

This makes no sense. If all you have is the Eastern Arc dish, you shouldn't have any locals at all. They're all, HD and SD (except for ION) on transponder 7 at 61.5. If, on the other hand, you have a dish for 119, you should be getting all the SD locals you used to have.

Service tech was here yesterday. Put up on eastern arc. Got all the new HD channels but lost 3 locals. Locals come off of 119 - cannot get locals in HD because I am out of the spot beam. Still have NBC, CBS, ABC & FOX - lost CW, PBS and another local. Every time I switched to one of the locals I lost - searches satellite - starts at 119 then right away switches to 61.5. Tech thinks it has to do with the new eastern arc dish not working right in this area. When snow is off roof he is going to take the eastern off and put a 500 back on and add another 500 beside it to see if that will work. That will be 3 500 dishes at my house!! Hopefully it will work!!!

Interesting...didn't notice that until you mentioned it. Still, it is more important to me to have the new HD and only have two dishes (this is especially important to the wife) than to have those three locals. To me it is some sort of software issue which will hopefully get worked out at some point.

I was just thinking about this post - Did you check all of the channels in the Guide? When I got switched to the Eastern Arc, I realized a couple of days later that some of my channel numbers had changed - Off the top of my head, some that I'd been tuning to in the 800x range were now in the 2xx range. I had to re-set some of my timers, as the channels were no longer where the DVR was looking. All of the channels were there, just in different locations. :rolleyes:

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.

Can a 1000.4 dish only be installed on the ground or a roof? I have a dish installed on the facia of the roof and the tech said he couldn't put the EA dish there.

Interesting...didn't notice that until you mentioned it. Still, it is more important to me to have the new HD and only have two dishes (this is especially important to the wife) than to have those three locals. To me it is some sort of software issue which will hopefully get worked out at some point.

Wait a minute, that's two of you now... What's going on? What am I missing? According to the channel listings at dishchannelchart.com, if you're out of the spotbeam for transponder 7 on 61.5, your Eastern Arc dish shouldn't get ANY locals except for ION, which isn't really WQPX but just the national feed named as that. I know that dishchannelchart.com hasn't been updated for a while, but I've been watching the uplink reports here pretty closely and I haven't seen anything concerning our locals being moved. Now, on the other hand, if you have a wing dish for 119, you should be getting ALL the locals in SD just as you were before. So, like I said, something doesn't make sense if you're getting some locals and not others. I haven't had time to get my dish switched yet, so I'd like to get to the bottom of this before I do!

I'm in the Piedmont Triad area of NC (Walkertown) with 622 and 722 receivers. Called Dish network yesterday; Tech came out this morning. Replaced 110/119+61.5 with EA 61.5/72.7/77. I'm getting everthing I was previously including locals SD/HD and the new stuff.

Of course when they say 8am-12pm they ALWAYS get here towards the later end of the spectrum. :rolleyes:.

No they don't. A tech is typically routed 2 AM jobs and 2 PM jobs. The tech is required to be at his first AM job by 8:00. The order is AM small job first, big job second. It's the reverse for PM jobs. So, if you have an am appointment for a dish upgrade, and the tech's second job is a new connect, then he'll be at your house by 8:00. Unless you live really far away, of course. Then he might be there a bit after 8:00. The techs don't just sit around at the coffee shop all morning then decide to saunter over to your house whenever they feel like it. Somebody gets the first slot, and somebody gets the second slot. That's just how it works. :rant:

....Praise Jesus! Dishnetwork tech was here early this morning! Installed a third dish outside to receive 129 and its good to go! Getting better coverage then my existing 61.5 dish! Took a week, 96 telephone calls, five days off from work, four on site techs, but its done. A simple five minute job.

I'm glad you finally got some satisfaction. But, why do you think it is necessary to post all of your travails in 5 different threads. One is really enough.....

Can a 1000.4 dish only be installed on the ground or a roof? I have a dish installed on the facia of the roof and the tech said he couldn't put the EA dish there.

Mine is installed on the side of the house, just below the roof line. Has the actual dish mount, plus two braces that go off to the side, kind of like a tripod.

So I got the Eastern Arc installed just now but 5 of the local channels do not come in SD anymore. I do have all 5 of them in HD though. Is this fixable or is it necessary with the new dish?