Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

My installers showed up Saturday before noon, as promised. They reset the pole to be level (the original guy just shoved them in the ground, installed EA and removed both the 500 and the wing.

Because my grounding was set up on the old 110/119 pole and that pole didn't have LOS to EA, I now have an empty pole sitting there without a dish just to ground the install.

Would there be any reason to put up a wing for 129 on it? I have as old ExpressVu dish in my basement and I hate to waste a perfectly good pole. ;)

I changed out my dish 1000.2 dish that I wasn't using any more, for an older dish 1000 and hooked up the 129 sat for an addition to my eastern arc dish . I get all 4 sats now : 77/72.7/61.5/129. I am hoping that 129 will be a back up if 61.5 goes out first due to any rain fade. I get great signals on the 129 sat ; between 60 - 78, using my single lnb on an old dish 1000.

Tech is hear now to swap my 61.5/110/119 setup for a 1000.4

He had no clue about the new stations and transitioning customers over to 72.7 to get them. He said all of his new installs are 1000.4. So I showed him the PDF from the first post in the thread and he was suprised nobody told him.

Tech is hear now to swap my 61.5/110/119 setup for a 1000.4

He had no clue about the new stations and transitioning customers over to 72.7 to get them. He said all of his new installs are 1000.4. So I showed him the PDF from the first post in the thread and he was suprised nobody told him.
Dish is not doing a good job of informing retailers and installers of whats going on.

Its a shame (but I am honored) that they need to read SatelliteGuys to find out whats going on at the company they are working for.

Dish is not doing a good job of informing retailers and installers of whats going on.

Its a shame (but I am honored) that they need to read SatelliteGuys to find out whats going on at the company they are working for.

My installers didn't know why they were changing out dishes, either. I told them if I didn't read things here I'd never know anything was going on at DISH at all.

"Dish is not doing a good job of informing retailers and installers of whats going on.

Its a shame (but I am honored) that they need to read SatelliteGuys to find out whats going on at the company they are working for."

I do find it amazing how you continue to get the scoop about Dish before most people become aware of it and, as a Dish customer, I find your inside news a great help.

Now if only Charlie would read this site:)

My installer argued with me over the phone about it. He claimed there was no way that DISH would add new HD and not put it on the 61.5. I printed out the sheet and he was still obstinate. He then proceeded to make a few calls and sheepishly admitted that I was right. He then proceeded to make a bunch of calls to fellow installers to tell them what was going on...Great communication by DISH here...:angel:

Tech is gone and the 1000.4 is installed. Its nice to only have 1 dish and its not hanging over my neighbors fence line.

I was lucky to have another tech that was good and did a good job.

Remember the SatelliteGuys Radio Show tonight... I want to hear your upgrade experiances. I will be giving out a toll free number for you to call during the show. :)

Now if only Charlie would read this site:)

He does.

The first time I met Charlie he actually told me he learns more about his own company from me then he does from his own employees.

I am honored. :)

Remember the SatelliteGuys Radio Show tonight... I want to hear your upgrade experiances. I will be giving out a toll free number for you to call during the show. :)

He does.

The first time I met Charlie he actually told me he learns more about his own company from me then he does from his own employees.

Scott,

I won't get a chance to call in, so here's my upgrade experience.

Three years ago I lost LOS to 129 because of where the installer put the dish - some trees grew and blocked the signal. A tech came out and re-pointed it to 61.5 so he didn't have to dig up the pole and move it. I never got my locals in HD because they are on 129, but it didn't matter because I got them OTA, anyway.

After this situation hit, I went to online chat with Dish and was quoted a $15 tech visit fee to re-point my dish to 129. The tech came out on Saturday and did a great job - removed my old 105 Super Dish and my wing dish and installed a new Dish 1000.2 on a new pole at the back of the yard so it it would clear any trees. They also fixed a bunch of wiring issues that they said previous techs hadn't done correctly. Everything looks neat and orderly now. All I have to do is bury the cable when the weather gets a little warmer.

Sunday I checked my account and discovered I was being charged $95 for the tech visit instead of the $15 I was quoted. I sent an e-mail to a guy on the Executive Resolution Team who I've dealt with in the past. He replied on Monday that it was taken care of - he deleted the entire charge.

There was a little bit of a hassle, but in the end everything was taken care of and I'm a happy camper.

Anyone who wants to stop by Central Illinois to bury the cable in my back yard while I'm at work and dig out a couple of old pole mounts for free, just let me know. :)

Thank you, Scott, for this site and all you do to keep us informed!

My installers didn't know why they were changing out dishes, either. I told them if I didn't read things here I'd never know anything was going on at DISH at all.

On the flip side, my installer seemed to know exactly what was going on and was all set to do what needed to be done when he got here. Same holds true of the CSR I chatted with on-line to set-up the installation. No problems and no complaints here - Just the luck of the draw, I guess..... :p

Let me add my experience with the upgrade. I had the 61.5, 110 and 119 combination. I also have (in addition to my 622) a 4700 and a 301. I called the day after the announcement of the new HD channels. I was told I would need to upgrade the receivers ($50 per) and pay for a service call ($99). After much arguing I was placed with the Customer Loyalty dept where I was told that they could add a 129 and then I could retain the "legacy" receivers and get the new HD. I went to upstate NY over that weekend where I was also dealing with Dish over upgrading that location. After all the troubles upstate I checked with Dish over my upcoming installation (I did agree to the $6 month fee to reduce the service call to $15. When I fired up my system, I found that all my HD channels were removed. After calling and having them returned, I inquired about the pending service call. I was told there was no service call. Surprising since I has spent so much time on the phone with Customer Loyalty. No matter who I spoke to there was no movement on the legacy equipment. I hung up with the intention of moving to FIOS. I emailed the ceo@echostar.com account and listed out my problems (10 yr customer, Dish decision to move HD to that satellite, etc)
A couple of days later I received an email from someone in the Executive Communications dept informing me that they would make an exception and send me 2 211 receivers along with an upgrade to a 1000.4 dish for no charge. The installer was here this past Saturday and was finished within an hour. In this case things worked out, but I was sincere with Dish that I was leaving.

Just called Dish, they said will have the tech out at my house this Sunday to upgrade the dish for $15.

I am currently on Dish1000 and 61.5.

Let's see what happens then, will keep everyone posted with the experiences.

Just called Dish, they said will have the tech out at my house this Sunday to upgrade the dish for $15.

I am currently on Dish1000 and 61.5.

Let's see what happens then, will keep everyone posted with the experiences.

If you have a Dish 1000, you are already on the western arc and should be receiving everything already. Do you mean a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119 and another pointed at 61.5?

If you have a Dish 1000, you are already on the western arc and should be receiving everything already. Do you mean a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119 and another pointed at 61.5?

I am currently getting 110/118/119 + 61.5. I might be mis-spoken on Dish1000, it was SuperDish with the conversion kit.

Dish and DirecTV have new satellite's going up this year?
DISH has two satellites scheduled for this year. DIRECTV's next satellite, DIRECTV 13, is due somewhere in the second half of 2012 to replace DIRECTV 5 at 110W (a slot dominated by DISH Network).

He does.

That’s great Scott; now if Charlie will just seriously consider your views and suggestions he will have a much better running company.

I am surprised that he has not offered you a position or at least hire you as an outside consultant like many companies do to improve their operations. :):up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)