Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

[me to my wife]: But dear, we have to put get an HD set for the bedroom or the new equipment will overheat and start a fire.

[My wife to me]: Stay off of that G.D. satellite forum!

LOVE IT!

In some ways, wives are all the same! :D

I have been fighting this problem since February with Intertech and no 1000.4 DIshes. I understand this change over takes time. I called Dish tonight and explained the problems I have had getting a 1000.4 EA installed and they are sending an actual Dish Technician out to install a 1000.4. It's not really anyones fault, just takes time to realign and stock to support the new scheme.....

I called Intertech today to clarify the work order and they said it would be a 1000.4 and Eastern Arc. I then asked specifically if they have the 1000.4 in stock and the reply was "Finally, yes." So they may have just gotten them and, as I conjectured in an earlier post, they may be planning on rolling them out to everyone on June 3rd as a "new upgrade promotion."

I have been fighting this problem since February with Intertech and no 1000.4 DIshes. I understand this change over takes time. I called Dish tonight and explained the problems I have had getting a 1000.4 EA installed and they are sending an actual Dish Technician out to install a 1000.4. It's not really anyones fault, just takes time to realign and stock to support the new scheme.....

I was under the impression that Intertech handles all DNS calls around here anyway, so you may not have much of a choice.

just what i was thinking. they may promise to send a dish technician, but if it is out of their management area it wont happen.

Installers just left. Dish was a 1000.4. Just one dish. They took away both 500s and switched a 625 for a 722K. Completely standard eastern arc.

It's always been a difficult LOS with trees in our neighborhood, but signal strengths right now seem alright:

72: 50
61.5: 41
77: 49

Actually I've never been pointed at 72 or 77, so I have no idea what a good signal is there, but I don't think I've ever gotten higher than 50 on 61.5 and that's always been fine.

We'll see how it holds up in a storm. At least we know Intertech has 1000.4s in now.

Thanks SatelliteGuys and thanks CEO@!

Really? How high is minimally acceptable? I think under my old setup I might have gotten up to 55 occasionally on 61.5, and for a year I had no problems.

I would also like to know what signal strengths are considered good and recommended. I finally got my 1000.4 dish set up last night. Signal strength seem very low on both my 922 and 722.

Really? How high is minimally acceptable?
You're looking at 'em! Oh, do you mean at what level does the channel disappear? Probably somewhere below 15. But still. My installer used his Sat Buddy and in about 2 minutes had over 60 on most transponders. Of course it took him about 2 hours to charge it up first. :rolleyes:

Hopefully two times is a charm. I have a dual dish 61.5, 110, 119 setup right now. They are coming today (8 AM-12 Noon). The first attempt (three weeks ago), the tech told me "no one told me I needed a 1000.4 DISH for this job and I don't have one in my truck." He fixed my LNB drift (-7) on 61.5 so it wasn't a total loss. Hopefully today they come with the right equipment.

JUNE 3RD!!!!

Just got done with a 20 minute phone call pleading my case about getting on eastern arc for NO FEE. Well..............I was shut down, BUT I was told to call back on June 3rd or after and I will be put on eastern arc for no fee.

I will wait. I think it's silly that dish is risking losing my business by not putting my on EA so I can get new HD now. I have a LOT of recorded tv and movies on my EHD so I guess I'll stick with it. NOT a big fan of the $17/mo fee for my 2nd 622. Any word on a new whole home system similiar to the new one direct is offering? I am VERY tempted to jump.

Just got done with a 20 minute phone call pleading my case about getting on eastern arc for NO FEE. Well..............I was shut down, BUT I was told to call back on June 3rd or after and I will be put on eastern arc for no fee.

I will wait. I think it's silly that dish is risking losing my business by not putting my on EA so I can get new HD now. I have a LOT of recorded tv and movies on my EHD so I guess I'll stick with it. NOT a big fan of the $17/mo fee for my 2nd 622. Any word on a new whole home system similiar to the new one direct is offering? I am VERY tempted to jump.

What's special about June 3?

So the installer just left. I was going to get upgraded today, but he would have had to move the dish basically to the front of the house. It would have looked awful. He said they were no longer going to decommission 61.5, and that I would get the new channels eventually. True?

The crystal ball is a little muddy.

I really don't think they've figured it all out. But it's pretty safe to expect that at some point, we'll almost all (in the 48) need to be on WA or EA.

What's special about June 3?
I mentioned this upthread because I heard the same date while talking to a CSR last Wednesday and it sounded like it was a piece of information put on his computer just that afternoon.

My own theory is that this is a date by which time they expect all installers to have 1000.4 dishes available finally and will start notifying and automatically upgrading customers in areas that they've held off so far.

WA - Western Arc - looking at satellites at 110, 119 & 129

EA - Easter Arc - looking at satellites at 61.5, 72.7 & 77

There are/used to be a lot of us in a hybrid setup, looking at 61.5, 72.7 & 77

There are/used to be a lot of us in a hybrid setup, looking at 61.5, 72.7 & 77
You meant to say 61.5, 110, 119 for a hybrid setup. Yes, that's what they used to install here in Cleveland area in the past. And that old setup no longer brings all the new channels.

I must say, I am very happy with the new channels that I now get with the new Eastern Arc dish. Even though with my plan (Absolute HD) I've got only 5 new channels (Epix1, Epix2, Retro, Indy and Shorts). But for me those five are well worth the $15! This is the kind of content I was missing on Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)