Stationary Dish vs Motor Controled

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phottoman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
OK, I got the Coolsat 5000 up and running, and I am LOVING this box.

That said, I have a question.

I have four stationary dishes, two Ku and two C-Band, plus one that is motorized with the new 280B motor from Sadoun (and loving THAT too, it works so well and quiet).

I am trying to set up the Coolsat 5000 so the motor driven dish doesn't move when I go to one of the stationary dishes.

I have tried to set the indivisual dishes up without the motor using the setup motor menu, lets say the C-Band, one for 99W and the other for STO/America-One (don't remember the numbers off hand) plus the two Ku band dishes are aimed at 129 Whitesprings, and Montana PBS, with me so far? No motor on these stationary dishes

When I tell the receiver to go to any of those sats, the motor moves.

How do I prevent this? I would like the motor to only move when positioning towards a sat that is NOT among those stationary dishes.

Do I live with this or is there a way to only move when I NEED it to move?

Photto

On those satellites, go into the "Motorized dish" setup and turn the motor OFF (or disable)

Sounds like those satellites somehow the motor setup is on

That's exactly what I did, Ice, but then when I want the motor to turn the dish, all motor functions are off on all sats. If I turn it back on, it turns it on and turns the dish again for all sats.

Am is missing something here, or is there a deeper menu option I haven't found yet?

Photto

The menu option can be changed for each satellite. On my 5000 I have all the KU sats as motorized but the C-Band sat (9W) as off and it works just fine

fo into menu and change the motor to off and hit exit. It should say "do you wish to save" and say "yes"

mine changes them all to what you can do to fix it is use a channel editor and set each satellite up like you want :) try that and see if it works for you

if all else fails:

Everybody is using a Coolsat 5000.
So, can I ask if maybe you are using different firmware versions?

The menu option can be changed for each satellite. On my 5000 I have all the KU sats as motorized but the C-Band sat (9W) as off and it works just fine

fo into menu and change the motor to off and hit exit. It should say "do you wish to save" and say "yes"

I tried that Iceberg, but it still isn't working. If I set the motor off, it stays off, and if I try to get another sat, it won't move until I go in and change the motor option back to USALS, which again causes it to move the motor when I go to one of the stationary dishes.

And I DID "save" the info before exiting.

Everybody is using a Coolsat 5000.
So, can I ask if maybe you are using different firmware versions?

Iceberg sent me both ver 1.00 and 1.01. I loaded Ver 1.01, maybe I'll just have to go back and reload it with v 1.00

Photto

mine changes them all to what you can do to fix it is use a channel editor and set each satellite up like you want :) try that and see if it works for you

I am not sure what you are saying, are you sugesting I go to ChannelMaster and reload each sat and save it as motor on or motor off? I really will try that if needed, but I don't remember seeing that as an option in CM.

Photto

Mystery.
I've loaded the v1.00 factory firmware, and several hacker firmware versions, and they all give individual motor control on each bird. The only one I haven't tried is the version 1.01 factory, 'cause I don't have it. Currently I have AMC3 set up as motorized and Gal17 as not motorized.
I think I'd restore factory defaults, load the version 1.00 firmware, restore defaults again, then try again programming the sats.
:(

Last edited:
I have had THREE CS 5K's set up just as you describe and they worked fine. Ku was motorized and C wasn't, because I use a Gbox to move my big dish by itself. I just did as Ice suggested above, set each Ku sat on USALS and each C band as "off". Worked fine. I'd send you my file but it isn't going to work for you because the motor settings wont be the same.

I use 1.01 on all my CS5k's. :D

Mystery.
I've loaded the v1.00 factory firmware, and several hacker firmware versions, and they all give individual motor control on each bird. The only one I haven't tried is the version 1.01 factory, 'cause I don't have it. Currently I have AMC3 set up as motorized and Gal17 as not motorized.
I think I'd restore factory defaults, load the version 1.00 firmware, restore defaults again, then try again programming the sats.
:(

Brent, perfect, I am going to follow your directions, this is what I was hoping to find tonight, now off to reprogram my CS5K, then scan in and watch either a Baseball Game or CFL on America one.

Kudos

Photto

(edit: One thing I'm not sure of, now that I read this again.

Factory default > load ver 1.00 > factory default again > THEN do I load the AC3, then reprogram my sats? )

just load the file from the link I posted. This will be the firmware that you need and works fine for a mix of fixed/motorized dishes :)
Thats what I'm using and dont have any issues and it fixes the AC-3 issue on a lot of C-Band channels

ok yeah i actually use the basic coolsat editor it has the option i'm sure CM has it also ....

on mine when all are set to USAL and i change one it changes them all its a filmware problem ... i will download Ice's version again and reload them it just a slight anoyance for me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts