Steroids vs Pete Rose

I disagree.

I have not turned on a NBA game intentionally for 20 years now.

I watch plenty of baseball , including the MLB All Star game.
That's your choice, but you can't argue that there's anyone in baseball who is as popular as Lebron James, Kobe Bryant or any of the top players in the NBA. The NBA and NFL have the recognizable players in pro sports and no one else is even close, except Tiger Woods.

That's your choice, but you can't argue that there's anyone in baseball who is as popular as Lebron James, Kobe Bryant or any of the top players in the NBA. The NBA and NFL have the recognizable players in pro sports and no one else is even close, except Tiger Woods.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady are BOTH as popular as LeBron and Kobe.
Terrell Owen and Randy Moss are also just as popular, unfortunatly often for the negative they have hanging around them
Your just hearing it more about them now because it's thier playoff season.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady are BOTH as popular as LeBron and Kobe.
Terrell Owen and Randy Moss are also just as popular, unfortunatly often for the negative they have hanging around them
Your just hearing it more about them now because it's thier playoff season.
I said baseball not football. The NFL and NBA are about equal in terms of the popularity of their stars.

That is very true when it comes to the NBA....because basketball is played in just about every country in the world. AND NONE of those sports can touch soccer in popularity...the ONLY one that could come close is the NBA. So comparing baseball is not fair because only so many countries play it. Right, now, outside of David Beckham, the most recognized athlete in the world that IS PLAYING and not retired is Tiger Woods. NO ONE comes close.

Do they test Golfers for Steroids?
Hmm.

Yes they do test. As a matter of fact, they probably have one of the most strict policies against PED and steroid use in all of sports. And the funny thing is, the PGA is the one sport that likely suffers the least from doping.

Although players may appeal positive results and request waivers for medical reasons, the sanctions will be harsh, starting with disqualification. A first-time violation will bring ineligibility for up to one year, a second up to five years and a third up to a lifetime ban. Fines of up to $500,000 will be included. For abuse of recreational drugs such as marijuana and cocaine, the commissioner will have the "discretion" to require treatment and rehabilitation. Narcotics are included on the banned list.
Golf prides itself on a long history of honesty and honor. It appears that the strict polices are meant to insure this.

Steroid Nation: The PGA reveals tough steroid policy on nonrampent steroid crisis in golf

It's the equipment boss. Hell, I'm even hitting the ball farther than I did 20 years ago, when I was 31, and in great shape. Unfortunately I'm not hitting it any straighter than then either.

Hey look!! I found a recent article that meets the criteria for this thread:

Pete Rose believes players who use steroids commit a transgression far worse than his admitted betting on the game, but the Major League Baseball's disgraced hit king said he'd back an admitted user like Alex Rodriguez for the Hall of Fame.

Rodriguez said in February that he used performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

"I'm willing to give a guy a second chance," Rose said in an interview on "The Dan Patrick Show." He later went on to say that steroid use is worse than someone such as himself betting on his own team to win.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4166083"]Pete Rose says Alex Rodriguez deserves to be in Hall of Fame - ESPN[/ame]

People are stupid, if he said he steroid users should die in a fire instead of going to the hall of fame they'd call him a hypocrite for wanting in himself when steroids are several orders of magnitude more serious... it's like OJ going to jail for robbery instead of murder, oh wait...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts