Strange noise during Emmys, nfl game and now DWTS!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not Just ABC and FOX, also AMC

I have basic cable through Time Warner Cable, like I pay around $6 a month. Anyways, I can hear it most prominently on AMC when they show older shows and like someone said above it does seem to get louder when the show's volume becomes louder such as an applause or gunfight. When I was at my parents house who have DirectTV I could still hear it. There is a clip or Scrooge playing on AMC and if you can't hear that then you might have rocked too hard in your younger years. Hopes this helps you guys get a spectrum of all that it is affecting.
P.s. I hear it on both of my televisions: a Samsung (pretty new) and a Panasonic (from 2006).

Please sign the petition

So, I was watching the Giants game last night and I noticed a strange noise throughout the game. It almost sounded like a faint cell phone ringtone from the late 90's coming from my TV. It would happend every couple of seconds I noticed. I then remembered that during the Emmy's, I heard the exact same thing. A little searching on twitter showed I was not alone with hearing that sound during the emmys. A weird chime/ringtone that went off every couple of seconds. I thought it was my TV, but I changed the channel on both programs and there was no weird sound. It seems to occur only during live events. I also heard the same noise during Dancing with the Stars tonight! Anyone else hear this sound? Better yet, can anyone explain what it is?

I have created a petition on Charge.org. Please check it out and sign.

I wonder if this noise is coming from the NOC(Network Operations Center) of the certain station where they pickup a feed for a live event or a network feed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)