Streaming to LAN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Just wondering how to set up the azbox to stream audio & video out to one of my LAN computers. I tried the streaming option in the menu when the receiver is active, put in the local computer IP, set up local computer to stream From azbox IP port 9000. No joy.
Using VLC Media Player on a P4 Windoze XP box.

I might be mixing up streaming "to" and streaming "from" somehow but going through the setup menu I find the same options in the azbox. Just curious how this works.

-C.

Just wondering how to set up the azbox to stream audio & video out to one of my LAN computers. I tried the streaming option in the menu when the receiver is active, put in the local computer IP, set up local computer to stream From azbox IP port 9000. No joy.
Using VLC Media Player on a P4 Windoze XP box.

I might be mixing up streaming "to" and streaming "from" somehow but going through the setup menu I find the same options in the azbox. Just curious how this works.

-C.

It could be a firewall issue on the PC. If you have another PC on your network that has nmap, you can scan the target PC to see if the port is open. That's the only thing I can suggest since I haven't tried streaming yet.

Port 9000 is available on the pc but I don't get a response from the azbox... but then I am not sure if it is sending from that port or not. Will try to figure that out. I might try using a different port but I expect that particular port (9000) is associated with streaming A/V content with other software as well as VLC. FTP, web, and telnet ports are open for sure.
AzBox ver # is 5020 so maybe it's not working... Not too many threads about streaming from the AzBox.
-C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)