Stretching OTA Pics on a Wide Screen

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I have a sony 51" wide screen.....with the ota signals.....is there a way to stretch the pics......I set the pic format to stretch and squeeze, but it does not stretch the 4.3 signals. Now I was able to crop the pic on my 27".....which does cut part of the pic off.....but that does nothing on my wide screen. The settings on the tv itself does nothing with the signal coming from the voom box. Is there something wrong with my box or my settings?

kirkdj said:
I have a sony 51" wide screen.....with the ota signals.....is there a way to stretch the pics......I set the pic format to stretch and squeeze, but it does not stretch the 4.3 signals. Now I was able to crop the pic on my 27".....which does cut part of the pic off.....but that does nothing on my wide screen. The settings on the tv itself does nothing with the signal coming from the voom box. Is there something wrong with my box or my settings?

Do not think it is doable with VOOM receiver... I used to do it with my 6000u with CBS but never with Fox...

Nope

Kirk,

You have the same problem we all do. There is no way to stretch the picture until they come up with a firmware update to fix this.

bill

kirkdj said:

They're not 4:3 signals. They are 16:9 signals. They only appear to be 4:3 because the broadcaster is adding the bars to the sides of the image.

Most TVs and STBs can't change these signals because they think they are already in 16:9 hd format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)