Struggling with pointing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When you say a 2 cable solution is that with a disecq switch inline or is it 2 cables all the way to the receiver and no switch at all?
To connect a 4DTV receiver, for both C and Ku, you need 2 cables all the way.
The question is, do you need Ku on the 4DTV?
I'd slave the 4DTV to the FTA receiver. Have the C Band connected to DiSEqC Port 1 and Ku to Port 2.

I really had not thought too much about it as my 4dtv isn't here yet. It would make sense not to have ku on the 4dtv, wouldn't do much.
Why even slave it, 2 lines, use the 4dtv to drive the dish and once it is all set up stash the vbox.

I just received my new DSM BSC621.
How do I set the skew on this LNBF?
It does not have the pointer like the pictures I have seen, it has degrees for the skew on the end by the ku connection. Is it still the same where 0 degrees should be at roughly 9:00 or should I open it and make sure the isolation bar is vertical at due south?
Of course there are no instructions with it.

or should I open it and make sure the isolation bar is vertical at due south?
On mine, the 1/4" metal rod is Horizontal, when at True South, and the "Connection Box" is on the Lower Left side when looking down at the Dish from behind the LNBF.

This page may help...
The DMS* BSC621

Attachments

• check2s.jpg
    check2s.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 894
Thanks Lak, I am not getting vertical transponders so I know it is skew. I played with it a bit last night but couldn't get it. I will pull the cap and mark where the isolation bar sits.Thanks again for the advice!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)