sts-mbs-sr-70mhz

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Constanza palomino mayor

Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Orlando florida
hi !!!!! i have this c-band reciver and would like to know which lnb is approriate to use, i think i can not use an lnb with a 950-1450 frequencie i guess??
and i do have another sts-mbs-sr-block reciver that i know i guess i can use the 950-1450 lnb??
just wanted to know from the pros here which lnb will work the best with these recivers make and model thanks!!

I googled that receiver model and found a post from 1997 that describes it as "old old receiver"... is it an old analog receiver from the 1980's?

While it was a great analog receiver back in 1983, it probably is too old and too big to even considered for use as a doorstop. The receiver uses a LNA (instead of LNB) for down conversion and even if you find an old LNA or can afford a new one, there is only one full-time analog channel still transmitting in North America. A LNB or LNBF will not work with this unit as it uses a different technology to tune the satellite frequencies.

Put it under the glass top display case and let the kids at the museum marvel at how much technology has changed.. :happydance

that's certainly great that it's still working, but unfortunately you won't be able to receive much with it... These days almost everything on satellite is digital...

As far as I know the only remaining Analog signals are:
- C-SPAN on AMC11 @131W
- Several Brazilian channels in PAL on StarOne C2 @70W - and I don't thing it covers any of North America...

So unless you really enjoy C-Span, this is not so great...

I have no idea as to what LNA or LNB would work with that receiver, but want to make sure you knew that it might be a bit of a quest without much reward.

While it was a great analog receiver back in 1983, it probably is too old and too big to even considered for use as a doorstop. The receiver uses a LNA (instead of LNB) for down conversion and even if you find an old LNA or can afford a new one, there is only one full-time analog channel still transmitting in North America. A LNB or LNBF will not work with this unit as it uses a different technology to tune the satellite frequencies.

Put it under the glass top display case and let the kids at the museum marvel at how much technology has changed.. :happydance
well i see!!! just wanted to know from all of you so i guess i will look with something else. but to all of you on repling on my thread THANKS!!!!!!

Reactions: Brct203
Check out DVBS2 receivers for viewing the FTA channels. Should find quite a selection sold around $100. We'll be happy to provide input on your selection before you buy.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! It is s fun hobby!

If it controls the dish movement it could still be used to position the dish, since new digital receivers do not move a c band dish. New receivers require a separate box to move a BUD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts