sts-mbs-sr-70mhz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Constanza palomino mayor

Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Orlando florida
hi !!!!! i have this c-band reciver and would like to know which lnb is approriate to use, i think i can not use an lnb with a 950-1450 frequencie i guess??
and i do have another sts-mbs-sr-block reciver that i know i guess i can use the 950-1450 lnb??
just wanted to know from the pros here which lnb will work the best with these recivers make and model thanks!!

I googled that receiver model and found a post from 1997 that describes it as "old old receiver"... is it an old analog receiver from the 1980's?

While it was a great analog receiver back in 1983, it probably is too old and too big to even considered for use as a doorstop. The receiver uses a LNA (instead of LNB) for down conversion and even if you find an old LNA or can afford a new one, there is only one full-time analog channel still transmitting in North America. A LNB or LNBF will not work with this unit as it uses a different technology to tune the satellite frequencies.

Put it under the glass top display case and let the kids at the museum marvel at how much technology has changed.. :happydance

that's certainly great that it's still working, but unfortunately you won't be able to receive much with it... These days almost everything on satellite is digital...

As far as I know the only remaining Analog signals are:
- C-SPAN on AMC11 @131W
- Several Brazilian channels in PAL on StarOne C2 @70W - and I don't thing it covers any of North America...

So unless you really enjoy C-Span, this is not so great...

I have no idea as to what LNA or LNB would work with that receiver, but want to make sure you knew that it might be a bit of a quest without much reward.

While it was a great analog receiver back in 1983, it probably is too old and too big to even considered for use as a doorstop. The receiver uses a LNA (instead of LNB) for down conversion and even if you find an old LNA or can afford a new one, there is only one full-time analog channel still transmitting in North America. A LNB or LNBF will not work with this unit as it uses a different technology to tune the satellite frequencies.

Put it under the glass top display case and let the kids at the museum marvel at how much technology has changed.. :happydance
well i see!!! just wanted to know from all of you so i guess i will look with something else. but to all of you on repling on my thread THANKS!!!!!!

Reactions: Brct203
Check out DVBS2 receivers for viewing the FTA channels. Should find quite a selection sold around $100. We'll be happy to provide input on your selection before you buy.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! It is s fun hobby!

If it controls the dish movement it could still be used to position the dish, since new digital receivers do not move a c band dish. New receivers require a separate box to move a BUD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)