Stuck on State Code 14

mikeroberson2006

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
I have a HN9000 upgrade job that I did recently that went just fine. After I left the customer called and said she couldnt get on the internet. She tried calling Hughes tech support, but they submitted a tech service call request. I got to this site and the modem was at a state code 14 attempting to probe.

I checked the wire voltage, and tried a new modem without luck. It kept on saying attempting to probe. I called tech support and they said to try a new radio. I tried that and got the same results. I then made a jumper cable straight from the dish, through the front door and to the modem to make sure it was not faulty cable. I still was getting a state code 14 with a new modem, radio, and new cable. I called tech support back and they said to try the gps location that they were showing for the address on the work order. I tried that with no luck.

The upgrade order was made using her old address and the actual install was done at her new address. So I dont know if this may be the problem? I did recently activate the same modem and radio that I tried at her house on another account so I know that it cant be hardware related.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

I have a HN9000 upgrade job that I did recently that went just fine. After I left the customer called and said she couldnt get on the internet. She tried calling Hughes tech support, but they submitted a tech service call request. I got to this site and the modem was at a state code 14 attempting to probe.

I checked the wire voltage, and tried a new modem without luck. It kept on saying attempting to probe. I called tech support and they said to try a new radio. I tried that and got the same results. I then made a jumper cable straight from the dish, through the front door and to the modem to make sure it was not faulty cable. I still was getting a state code 14 with a new modem, radio, and new cable. I called tech support back and they said to try the gps location that they were showing for the address on the work order. I tried that with no luck.

The upgrade order was made using her old address and the actual install was done at her new address. So I dont know if this may be the problem? I did recently activate the same modem and radio that I tried at her house on another account so I know that it cant be hardware related.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

there are only a few times when you would get a st14:
1) incorrectly input gps parameters when setting up idu, requires deinstall and re-input if all codes and gps coordinates.
2) bad odu.
3) now you say that these have been eliminated, the only other time i have seen this is when i was on the edge of an uplink cell, or under two because they overlap. its happened to me twice. after 3 failed attempts with the above, i called tech support explained the issue, gave them my coordinates. they were obviously able to see which cell i was assigned to, noticed that i was underneath an overlap, and gave me coordinates in the middle of the cell that i should be in. once i entered the coordinates they provided, went right thru no problem. fyi- the coordinates they provided me were approx 30 miles east of where the odu was located.

ive had a few techs call me with the same issue, thats the same thing ive always told them, and its always solved the issue.

the old vs new address to my knowledge wiouldnt be an issue, because you should be getting your coordinates onsite at the new address, and thats what the idu requires. depending on how far away the old address is, you could be looking for the wrong cell, if you use those coordinates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts