Stuff Available Soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nobody complains. It's almost a tourist attraction, for hobbyists and other customers looking for satellite parts.
I HAD to get up that high to clear the trees. This is rural Wisconsin, and people often have elaborate deer stands for hunting season (deer), so it's not really out of place.

Regarding the situation on Maui, I would suggest voting for moving the dish somewhere else on the property.
If you lose the ability to track the domestic arc, and still want time shifting, you might consider a large offset dish that is elevated enough in a "safe" location from the neighbors to see 107.3 and 111.1 West. Shaw Direct has five time zones worth of programming, and if you have to give up motorized reception, it might be the next best thing.

Take a look at the six foot offset dish that I have modified, with new pictures on the website. You could easily set up for Shaw Direct as well as FTA on 97 West/Ku-band, on the same antenna, with three LNBFs.

Mike

Moving the dish 20 feet or so back from the fence would probably be enough, although it depends on the arc elevation at your location.

Unfortunately moving back is 20 feet will take me down a real steep incline offsetting any gain I would get in elevation. I can move it east fifty feet or so, and that would clear my line of sight, but entail more cable conduit etc. It can be done, but I also need to consider the labor, materials expense and whether it offsets the benefits I get from the dish. Each of us gets a different value from his setup. It begins to look more and more like i will just change my TV habits and commit two perfectly good Paraclypse dishes to the scrap metal heap. About 400 dollars in scrap aluminum there.

There is also time. The bamboo will take a while to green up and fill out. So I have time to consider all options.

I am considering planting Areca palm trees along the rest of our common border. They take a little longer to grow, but get just as thick and tall. He will then lose his ocean view. Two can play the game ya know.

I would try this: Go to your neighbor (or invite him over for drinks, etc) and try for a compromise. Play nice at first, explain how his planting the bamboo right there will destroy your line-of-site for your dish sat arc. Perhaps he doesn't know that, and would move them a bit if possible to still block his view of your dish, but not block your line of site.

If he still refuses to cooperate, tell him you WILL plant the palm trees, and ruin his entire ocean view. I wouldn't hesitate if I was in your position, and it came to that. Sometimes you have to be ruthless when it comes to a neighbor pulling stuff like this.

Good luck, and I hope he's reasonable after you talk to him, without having to go that far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

@HokieEngineer anybody know him? (dvbtech 8psk usb developer)

About The List and AMC18

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)