This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

subforum ideas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
While we're seeing new subforums created left and right on here, I have a couple ideas for new FTA subforums. I however wouldn't want to see this forum turn up like the HDTV one is currently with a couple screenfulls of subforums and stickies before the new posts of the main forum (maybe it will reduce as they finalize things...).

But anyways, here are my ideas:

FTA Installation Help
- For posts of "what would I need to get for what I'm looking for" and, way more common, "help, I can't see xyz satellite(s), no signal quality values!"

FTA Upgrade Notes and Questions
- For posts of good ways to expand your FTA setup, or related questions. Could possibly also just go into FTA Installation Help if we want to keep subforums to a minimum, which I'm for.

FTA Regular Programming Schedules Reference
- This is kind of a unique one, not sure if many would like to see it but I would. This would be just listing perhaps one thread per [popular] FTA channel, where inside the thread we list and later update that channel's regular schedule for each day of the week (for the timeslots that don't or rarely change). I know there's TitanTV/zap2it/tvguide/etc. but they don't list many of the great FTA channels like People's Network. Then one could easily search just that subforum for a particular show they'd like to see. Again, work with me here on this one.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, I will let the FTA staff talk about it and decide what to do.

TuxCoder said:
But anyways, here are my ideas:

FTA Installation Help
- For posts of "what would I need to get for what I'm looking for" and, way more common, "help, I can't see xyz satellite(s), no signal quality values!"
Like it
FTA Upgrade Notes and Questions
- For posts of good ways to expand your FTA setup, or related questions. Could possibly also just go into FTA Installation Help if we want to keep subforums to a minimum, which I'm for.
huh? I'm confuised by this one
maybe...but how many channels other than the network ones are we talking about here? I don't know of many

My main thing I don't want this to turn into other areas where there are 3 layers of clicking to get to where you want.
If I want to get to a topic, I don't want to be in subsection 4 to find my answer. The FAQ, reviews, and whats up there are good subsections. the install help one I could maybe see. I like coming to the site and seeing all the new posts in one area..I usually dont check reviews, sometimes FAQ, but I always check the main list. I wouldn't like to scan all differetn subsections.
just my .03

Iceberg said:
huh? I'm confuised by this one
The upgrade one would be things like (in order of common-ness):

1. I want to add a DBS LNB, and here's my current setup, now what? Can't really be a FAQ since there's some variance in what people already have.

2. I have [some combination of C, Ku, analog, digital] and want to add [some other combination of same], how to best go about it?

3. I'd just like more receivers and want/don't want to run new lines, etc...

4. How to add a motor (could be in the FAQ section though)

that would go under the install area.

Again, I personally would like to keep the subforums down to a minimum

Status
Please reply by conversation.