Subscribe or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sooner02

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I want D*, but they do not carry locals (E* does here). Despite that fact, I called them to possibly order. In order to connect an OTA to the receivers I need their $50 tuner per box, so that is $200 for 4 tv's. I asked if there was any type of credit or incentive they could offer since that is such a large amount since I would be a new customer. The CSR lady put me on hold and came back to say there was nothing they could offer me and that they had to add another $100 for installation! Are you kidding me??? With an extra HD-DVR, the total up-front just to install would be $500, not to mention purchasing an antenna! I am willing to pay $199 for the extra HD-DVR, but this other stuff is a little crazy.

Should I even waste my time and money with D* in order to get OTA integrated? Is there any other option, or should I just get E* now?

That stinks. The upfront cost was a big drawback for me when I was looking at getting D*. Are you looking at D* because you want one of the sportspacks?

I called back and the CSR I spoke to simply said rabbit ears would work (they most definitely will not) or they would provide an outdoor antenna (but I have no idea what kind). When I asked about the tuners he had no idea what I was referring to. I ended up not ordering, but it looks like $50 per tuner is the price you have to pay for the AM-21 to connect OTA to receivers. It stinks that they won't waive this cost for a new customer.

I called back and the CSR I spoke to simply said rabbit ears would work (they most definitely will not) or they would provide an outdoor antenna (but I have no idea what kind). When I asked about the tuners he had no idea what I was referring to. I ended up not ordering, but it looks like $50 per tuner is the price you have to pay for the AM-21 to connect OTA to receivers. It stinks that they won't waive this cost for a new customer.

What do you currently use for an antenna ?
Sounds like you already have one, why would they have to add another one ?

Personally, I would call back again.
Tell them what you need and see what happens.
Tell them you NEED your OTA stations and would be willing to sign up if they provided the OTA tuners.
The older rec's had tuners in them, if they won't throw in the tuners, ask for the H/HR 20 rec's, they are older units that have a OTA tuner built in.

They still have them floating around and they probably don't want to give you them because they want to save them that are lets for replacements, so they will end up giving you the newer units w/ the tuners (Am-21's)

Give that a try.

Jimbo

What do you currently use for an antenna ?
Sounds like you already have one, why would they have to add another one ?

Personally, I would call back again.
Tell them what you need and see what happens.
Tell them you NEED your OTA stations and would be willing to sign up if they provided the OTA tuners.
The older rec's had tuners in them, if they won't throw in the tuners, ask for the H/HR 20 rec's, they are older units that have a OTA tuner built in.

They still have them floating around and they probably don't want to give you them because they want to save them that are lets for replacements, so they will end up giving you the newer units w/ the tuners (Am-21's)

Give that a try.

Jimbo
Right now I have local cable so I get my locals that way. My cable provides no HD, but I could get locals in HD OTA. That's just one of many reasons I'm looking to signup for D*.

The first CSR I spoke to, I basically told her what you just said, and she said there was no discount or credit she could give me with regard to those tuners, even after speaking with her manager while I was hold. I'll try again, but they seem to be stubborn about those things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)