Subscription to HD W/Directv H10 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffadelic

Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
Durham,N.C.
Can i still subscribe to DIRECTV HD with the H10 and the Phase III dish ?
I do not not want to purshase the slimline dish or a new receiver i already had the H10 in the closet from last year . :confused:

I suppose, but why would you? If you ARE wanting HD, you DO realize ALL the existing HD you will get now (assuming D* WILL activate it for you) will NO longer be available with your current system probably within the next year, as it will be migrating to the new dish/receivers. Also, WHY would you want to pay $10 for about 7 channels of HD, when you could be getting at least 60+? :confused:

Also, you ARE aware that HD Net, HD Movies & UHD will NOT longer be part of the $10 HD fee - they are moving to a separate package with 3 new HD channels that are $5. So, you could potentially be looking at paying $15 JUST to get the few HD channels you are only capable of receiving with your existing system.

As far as purchasing a new dish/receiver - most people here that have resigned up w/D* have reported getting a total upgrade FREE, including a FREE DVR. Why would you NOT want this - why not call up D* & find out. ;)

If you have an existing account you should be able to upgrade to a H20 and dish for $99 or less and a 24 mo. contract. But HD on H10 would basically be OTA and less than 10 subscription channels until they switch to MPEG4.

Also, you won't have to purchase the dish - they'll give it to you for free, along with the installation, if you sign up with a new receiver (which you'll probably have to do anyway, they don't typically let you start up an account with old equipment).

Status
Please reply by conversation.