Subscription to HD W/Directv H10 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffadelic

Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
Durham,N.C.
Can i still subscribe to DIRECTV HD with the H10 and the Phase III dish ?
I do not not want to purshase the slimline dish or a new receiver i already had the H10 in the closet from last year . :confused:

I suppose, but why would you? If you ARE wanting HD, you DO realize ALL the existing HD you will get now (assuming D* WILL activate it for you) will NO longer be available with your current system probably within the next year, as it will be migrating to the new dish/receivers. Also, WHY would you want to pay $10 for about 7 channels of HD, when you could be getting at least 60+? :confused:

Also, you ARE aware that HD Net, HD Movies & UHD will NOT longer be part of the $10 HD fee - they are moving to a separate package with 3 new HD channels that are $5. So, you could potentially be looking at paying $15 JUST to get the few HD channels you are only capable of receiving with your existing system.

As far as purchasing a new dish/receiver - most people here that have resigned up w/D* have reported getting a total upgrade FREE, including a FREE DVR. Why would you NOT want this - why not call up D* & find out. ;)

If you have an existing account you should be able to upgrade to a H20 and dish for $99 or less and a 24 mo. contract. But HD on H10 would basically be OTA and less than 10 subscription channels until they switch to MPEG4.

Also, you won't have to purchase the dish - they'll give it to you for free, along with the installation, if you sign up with a new receiver (which you'll probably have to do anyway, they don't typically let you start up an account with old equipment).

Status
Please reply by conversation.