Such thing as a dual universal Ku/Linear C-band/Circ C-band LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
In my quest to keep the WAF to a minimum, and being on the Atlantic coast, with the BUD getting planted in the spring I got to wondering is there such a thing as an LNB that does linear and circular c and universal ku band? Or is this something that would need to be jerry rigged? I can see everything between 14E and 139W (not that all the sats see me) so why not have everything if I could?

The BSC621-2 is a Universal ku lnb and a C-Band lnb that comes with a Dielectric plate that sticks in the throat to make it a Circular C-Band lnb.
It may be called a dual lnb because it has both C & ku lnb's, but it's not a dual lnb in the sense that it would have 2 outputs for each side. Like a normal dual output lnbf has. If that's what you want, you would need to get a Bullseye feedhorn that has a place for 2 C-Band lnb's and 2 ku-Band lnb's. But then I don't know if they make a wideband version or not? I suppose you could make a Dielectric plate for it? Don't know how good it would be?

Can you catch Hotbird at 13E? I can't get even close to that. Atlantic Bird 1 at 12.5w is about as low as I can go and my dish is looking into my lawn...at least it appears that way.:)

Being in Dartmouth odds are good I'm farther east than you, you being in NB, except Sackville and east of there. Cape Spear, NL (most easterly point in North America), can see as far as Astra 1E and 3A at 23.5°E, just for giggles sake.

There's nothing on Lyngsat that says that the Hotbirds see me, but I can see them. Might have a neighbour's house in the way though. Elevation 0.8°, azimuth 99.6°, heh, and a skew of -44.5°. AMC 8 is pretty similar except in the opposite direction. Elevation is 1.6°, skew of 44.4°. Doesn't mean there's anything I'm gonna be interested in watching, right now.

If I stuck a plate in a c-band LNB doesn't that make it circ only?

The BSC621-2 is a Universal ku lnb and a C-Band lnb that comes with a Dielectric plate that sticks in the throat to make it a Circular C-Band lnb.
It may be called a dual lnb because it has both C & ku lnb's, but it's not a dual lnb in the sense that it would have 2 outputs for each side. Like a normal dual output lnbf has. If that's what you want, you would need to get a Bullseye feedhorn that has a place for 2 C-Band lnb's and 2 ku-Band lnb's. But then I don't know if they make a wideband version or not? I suppose you could make a Dielectric plate for it? Don't know how good it would be?

That was enough for me to find this:

Corotor® II Plus Wideband - Welcome To Chaparral Communications

Can't seem to find a price on such a beast though. Probably out of my budget right now. :)

Being in Dartmouth odds are good I'm farther east than you, you being in NB, except Sackville and east of there. Cape Spear, NL (most easterly point in North America), can see as far as Astra 1E and 3A at 23.5°E, just for giggles sake.

There's nothing on Lyngsat that says that the Hotbirds see me, but I can see them. Might have a neighbour's house in the way though. Elevation 0.8°, azimuth 99.6°, heh, and a skew of -44.5°. AMC 8 is pretty similar except in the opposite direction. Elevation is 1.6°, skew of 44.4°. Doesn't mean there's anything I'm gonna be interested in watching, right now.

If I stuck a plate in a c-band LNB doesn't that make it circ only?

There might be an odd feed on a global beam over there but I think most all that stuff is beamed toward Europe. Nice to have the capability though, they are always moving things around and you might catch a feed from time to time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts