Sunday Ticket Guide Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aridon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2007
So I'm trying to get the games I want to watch scheduled on the DVR without sacrificing other shows. It shouldn't be an issue but for what ever reason it is.

I want to record the Denver game at 4:15 on 715. (Tuner 1)

I want to record the vikings game (Tuner 2)

I also want to record Undercover Boss at 9pm.

Now this shouldn't be an issue since almost 5 hours for a nfl game is overkill but for whatever reason the bright minds at directv slot 6 hours on the Sunday ticket time frame with no option to shorten it that I can find. It would make far more sense to make it a more reasonable length and allow me the option to pad if i want to since they don't allow me the option to shorten it.

So I figured I would just do a manual record. Set it up and hit record but get an error:

Unable to perform this operation (747)

I assume this is because the DVR is not programmed to handle conflicts on manual record so it just doesn't allow it or it doesn't allow manual recording of premium stations. Either way poor design. Unless I have missed something which is certainly possible.

(Sorry for the initial formatting I had some scripts blocked that refused to allow the post to be formatted regardless of how it was typed. Fixed)

Last edited:
Go to menu-manage recordings-manual to record the game. Just set it to start at 4:15 and stop at 7:45 or whatever.

I did that in the OP: "So I figured I would just do a manual record. Set it up and hit record but get an error: Unable to perform this operation (747) "

I'll try it and see if I get the same error message. Ok I just went into "manual recording" and set up a one time recording ch. 707 to record on Sunday at 10:00 AM for 3 1/2 hours. No errors. Did you try it earlier in the week before the games were in the guide? Or maybe it something with your receiver? Anyway, try it again and see what happens.

I just set up my bedroom recorder ( think its a HR20 it's silver) up to record 4 games tomorrow and got no conflicts. I did it in manual and set channel number start times and end times with no problem. The second games have staggered start times at 5 after and 15 after the hour. Just make sure first games end at 4 and 14 minutes after so there is no conflict.

Also wouldn't it be much easier if the main record menu had the function to cut recording time. The only function we have is extend recording time. Because the first games record for at least an hour over the start of late games it makes it impossible to record later games without setting up the record times in manual.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts