Sunday Ticket Question about channel 702

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brooklyndude

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
New York
Hi, I have a question about channel 702 that maybe someone can answer.

Yesterday there were 7 1:00pm games. So channel 702 should have shown all 7 and the red zone channel for the 8th one. However the Cleveland/Cincinatti game was missing and one of them just showed that the Oakland game was coming up at 4:15pm.

Why would these knuckleheads do this? It's not the first time either.

Thanks,

Phil

brooklyndude said:

Yesterday there were 7 1:00pm games. So channel 702 should have shown all 7 and the red zone channel for the 8th one. However the Cleveland/Cincinatti game was missing and one of them just showed that the Oakland game was coming up at 4:15pm.

Thanks,

Phil

Subscribe to DirectTV via Twitter ... they tweeted yesterday that the game would be blacked out; happens when attendance is low (a NFL rule):

@DIRECTV:
Fans, Browns vs Bengals game is blacked out in local markets due to network's regulations #nfl

Exactly, when a game is blacked out in a local market it cannot be part of the mix channel. Simple reason is that DirecTV can't implement blackouts to just the local market on the mix, so they have to keep it off for everyone.

They do still cover it on redzone, and it can be watched from the non-blackout area on the regular channel, but not via mix.

Thanks,

Phil

The knucklehead comment needs to be directed to the NFL, Direct TV is simply following their rules.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts