Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
*rant on*
I just love (being sarcastic) the change in this year's policy where the Superfan HD games are blacked out too if the game is shown on a local channel. Yesterday I had to sit through the Giants/Philly game watching it in SD because the Houston Fox station couldn't get their act together and broadcast it in HD. I even tried over the air and it was the same. Got a bunch of glitches near the end of the game, missed some plays, and they got it working for the Cowboys game. Oh joy. If they can't properly broadcast a game, it would be nice if they could somehow get the word out so that we could then watch it in the Sunday Ticket.
*rant off*

*rant on*
I just love (being sarcastic) the change in this year's policy where the Superfan HD games are blacked out too if the game is shown on a local channel. Yesterday I had to sit through the Giants/Philly game watching it in SD because the Houston Fox station couldn't get their act together and broadcast it in HD. I even tried over the air and it was the same. Got a bunch of glitches near the end of the game, missed some plays, and they got it working for the Cowboys game. Oh joy. If they can't properly broadcast a game, it would be nice if they could somehow get the word out so that we could then watch it in the Sunday Ticket.
*rant off*

This is nothing "new". It's been that way for at least 2 years, just not enforced in every market. It all depends on the agreements your locals have. Last couple years the games on my local Fox have not been blacked out on Superfan while the CBS games would be blacked out. This year both are blacked out.

Basically you are *supposed* to be blacked out, but some markets, typically smaller ones, may not be.....yet.

*rant on*
*rant off*

Your options is always to watch the Gamemix HD(I also am being sarcastic). Sucks for you. I watched the a good portion of the game. I have had a HD TV for about 3 weeks. I definitely can feel your pain. SD is now hard to watch. I also have CI and wanted to watch the Pitt Game on Saturday which was only in SD no HD.

Agree 110% you were blacked out correctly BY THE LEAGUE; DirecTV simply enforces what they are told to, so its technically a local affiliate HD issue to me and that is where you should be directing your issue..

It was not always this way though. It used to be possible to watch all games with the Sunday Ticket channels, even those that were being broadcast locally. When exactly did they change that any way?

It was not always this way though. It used to be possible to watch all games with the Sunday Ticket channels, even those that were being broadcast locally. When exactly did they change that any way?

About 5 years ago. The networks started getting cranky that Sunday Ticket was getting too popular* and biting into their ratings. Thus they insisted that any games broadcast on a local affiliate be blacked out on Sunday Ticket in that market.

*Which is why I personally don't think Sunday Ticket will ever go to cable as the networks would have a huge problem with it.

The system is constantly being tweaked by the league & evidenced by their new rule change of "we can't switch to the regularly scheduled game until the 2nd early game concludes" to a more user friendly "we are taking you to the conclusion of this 2nd game for 15 minutes maximum regardless if it's over with".

Do most people know in year one of Sunday Ticket every game was aired on Sunday Ticket with the only exception being a non sellout by your home team (zip code team). Those were the days.

*continuing your rant*

I know that this a "league" and "local affiliate" issue. But, I would guess that, given a choice, most ST/SF HD subscribers would opt out of watching the local feed if we had that choice. ST/SF is a SUBSCRIPTION service (and not a cheap one at that) and having to watch a poor quality local feed for a game I really want to see really rubs me wrong.

Considering the extensive and well reported signal quality problems D is having right now with many locals, this really feels like all the parties are hosing the fan (who paid premium $).

*DCWEBMAN - Thanks for letting me continue your rant*

1. Correct, most users want EVERYTHING, but we don't control that

2. I have no issues with my LiL, and have been in 4 different cities served with HD LiL and I have seen no issues.

3. I, like everyone, would love to see antiquated BO rules dropped.

DirecTV simply enforces what they are told to, so its technically a local affiliate HD issue to me and that is where you should be directing your issue..

Oh, Fox 26 got a polite email but of course no reply is expected.

Do most people know in year one of Sunday Ticket every game was aired on Sunday Ticket with the only exception being a non sellout by your home team (zip code team). Those were the days.

That was sweet. Have had ST since '95 and never had to worry about missing a game since my team isn't local.

*DCWEBMAN - Thanks for letting me continue your rant*

Anytime. :)

I am guessing many may know this, but this week as I was watching a game online with ths Sunday ticket feature, I was able to see our local blacked out game and see our lions move on step closer to history online!

I am guessing many may know this, but this week as I was watching a game online with ths Sunday ticket feature, I was able to see our local blacked out game and see our lions move on step closer to history online!

I remember last year the NFL allowed a big east coast game, aired only on the NFL cable channel, to be simulcast on the OTA networks because it was such a big game. I wonder if they will unblock the Detroit Lions last game of the year if they should indeed go 0-15; it's almost flex schedule worthy in a funny way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts