Sunday Ticket & SuperFan Missing Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bk63ross

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
San Francisco
Am I the only one who didnt get the Steelers/Bears game in the afternoon? Thing is I am signed up for SuperFan and only had 2-3 afternoon games in my channel selection... Am I missing channels I should be getting?

Are you using a custom list? You may have just not added all of the channels.

I was in the All HD Guide. I have not customized any lists. I usually use All Channels or All HD...

That is strange, I got all the games. Last week I noticed only a couple of games but I use a custom list and I edited it to add the channels I was missing. I believe that for HD you should have 701-1 to about 717-1.

I usually use a custom list and manually add them myself. That way I am sure the things I want are there.

Odd that they would not be for the ALL channel list though.

DirecTV had issues with the authorization for the HD channels (superfan custsomers) for some subs, who would get a 721 not purchased error.

Around the 4th quarter of the early games they put the HD cannels in free preview mode, to eliminate the problem.

How a company this large could have problems like this, with their "bread & butter" package netting $400/customer I will never understand, but there you have it.

Many customers had no HD for the first games.

See here to see what I mean:

Discussion Forum

(Although bear in mind they delete these posts each week, so they'll be gone before long)

I got every game without a problem here on the left coast. Remember, if the game is being shown on your locals, then the ST won't show it and you need to view the local's. Know it was shown on many of the CA locals (but not here in SOCAL).

Was a GREAT game by the way!

Last edited:
I only had 2 or 3 games then they ended up coming on, I was on the phone on hold because I had no HD ST but as I was on the phone, the HD's appeared then the late games were messed up but then it was fixed, we'll see what happens this weekend. I'm not complaining too much, I had to pay for Superfan but they gave us $10 off for 12 months so my whole ST package ended up being $249 with superfan

DirecTV had issues with the authorization for the HD channels (superfan custsomers) for some subs, who would get a 721 not purchased error.

Around the 4th quarter of the early games they put the HD cannels in free preview mode, to eliminate the problem.

How a company this large could have problems like this, with their "bread & butter" package netting $400/customer I will never understand, but there you have it.

Many customers had no HD for the first games.

See here to see what I mean:

Discussion Forum

(Although bear in mind they delete these posts each week, so they'll be gone before long)

Didn't take long for that thread to get the axe!!!!

Actually most of it goes to the NFL

I read a story about a week ago that said DTV receives about 800 million from Sunday Ticket this year and pays something north of 700 million to the NFL for these rights. Within 3 or 4 years, the NFL rights package for Sunday Ticket will increase to 1.1 billion.

Unless DTV can sign up some more customers, I think it's safe to say the Sunday Ticket will be north of $400 without the HD option in a few years.

If the first paragraph is true, DTV is grossing about 100 million this year after paying the NFL fees. I haven't a clue as to what their operating cost is for this package besides the NFL cut, but I think it's safe to say that their net profit is certainly south of 100 million, but probably still a nice piece of change.

Last edited:
I heard if YOUR local team in your area is NOT sold out then there are blackout issues regarding other area football games..Don't know if it's true or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)