Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV's Playbook Includes New Options For Its Exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Service

Popular Sports Subscription Service Available On More Portable Devices; Fans to have On-Screen access to NFL.com Fantasy Football TV App; New Mix Channel to Debut

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- With the NFL season just weeks away from kickoff, DIRECTV is making its exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ service available to even more fans and has added new features to its most popular sports subscription package that will make the experience of being able to watch every out-of-market game every Sunday better than ever.

DIRECTV customers in the U.S. will continue to enjoy live streaming games with NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go on more mobile platforms including for the first time, Motorola's XOOM and Samsung Galaxy tablets; Motorola's Android phones; the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry devices with 3G or wifi, Palm Pre/Pixi, and other Droid-branded phones.

New this year, both current DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET customers and fans who can't get DIRECTV will have the option of watching their favorite team play every Sunday on TV through the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system.

Also new this year, DIRECTV is partnering with NFL.com to launch an NFL.com Fantasy Football TV app that will allow NFL.com fantasy players with connected set-top boxes the unprecedented opportunity to view their NFL.com Fantasy Football teams and scores directly on their TV screen while watching every game every Sunday afternoon on DIRECTV.

Fans can view their fantasy lineups and review their head-to-head fantasy scores — all on their TV screen. And by selecting an on-screen "Watch Now" icon assigned to their fantasy player, the viewer can jump to that player's game in progress.

Also this season, fans can tune to a new Mix Channel format for late afternoon games. DIRECTV will continue to display its innovative eight-channel Mix when there is a full schedule of Sunday games, but when there are four or fewer games in the afternoon TV window, DIRECTV will display a new four-channel mix featuring larger video cells for enhanced viewing. For more information on NFL SUNDAY TICKET visit DIRECTV: Sports : NFL SUNDAY TICKET : Overview.

"We are constantly looking at new ways to enhance the NFL viewing experience and create more value for the loyal fans who continue to make this our most popular and dynamic sports subscription service," said Tony Goncalves, senior vice president, Product Management for DIRECTV. "With the growth in mobile and connected consumer electronics devices, we believe it makes sense to enable viewers to watch their favorite team on more of those devices, like gaming consoles, whose users include legions of NFL fans."

With NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go, fans will be able to watch their favorite team's out-of-market games every Sunday, no matter where they are. The browser service is available through directv.com, and is compatible with PC and Mac computers. In addition to live streaming video of up to 14 NFL SUNDAY TICKET games every Sunday, the broadband service will also offer DIRECTV's RED ZONE CHANNEL®, game highlights and detailed stats.

Wonder how you can watch the games on a PS3? Just pay the subscription and hook up the PS3 and you're all set?

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

ckhalil18 said:
Wonder how you can watch the games on a PS3? Just pay the subscription and hook up the PS3 and you're all set?

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

I am thinking there may be an app like MLB has for there baseball package. I see they are only doing this for those who can't get direct, I understand why they are doing it though

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

this pretty cool. I just got a Samsung Gravity Smart 3G Cell from TMobile last week, downloaded the ST App, cant wait to try it out.

Well I think that covers all the major tablets / phones, except possibly the webOS HP Tablet/Phone. So ToGo customers, or standalone online NFLST customers that can't get DirecTV (and pony up the $340), will be able to watch Sunday Ticket on almost any device.

This is a big win for the people that travel Sundays, or can't get DirecTV but want the NFL package. That is an impressive improvement on the availability of apps for individual devices in time for week one.

Well I think that covers all the major tablets / phones, except possibly the webOS HP Tablet/Phone. So ToGo customers, or standalone online NFLST customers that can't get DirecTV (and pony up the $340), will be able to watch Sunday Ticket on almost any device.

This is a big win for the people that travel Sundays, or can't get DirecTV but want the NFL package. That is an impressive improvement on the availability of apps for individual devices in time for week one.

I agree 100%, a definite improvement from previous years.

And I am guessing no "negotiating" on Sunday ticket prices with ps3.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

i hope that we can access ST on PS3 if we sub to D*/ST/To Go already. If they want additional money, I won't be paying for it(no point really since I have a receiver hooked up to the same TV). I am intrigued that they list Pixi support for this year, I was very disappointed about a lack of it last year.

i hope that we can access ST on PS3 if we sub to D*/ST/To Go already. If they want additional money, I won't be paying for it(no point really since I have a receiver hooked up to the same TV). I am intrigued that they list Pixi support for this year, I was very disappointed about a lack of it last year.

Yes, from the article I read on it, Direct TV Sunday Ticket subscribers will need to also subscribe to the To-Go package to get it on the PS3....so if you already do then there shouldn't be any additional charges.

DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3 Posted by Philip Rosenberg // Senior Vice President, Business Development, SCEA Hello PlayStation Nation! Are you ready for some football! We are excited to announce that PlayStation has partnered with DIRECTV to bring its popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, to the PlayStation 3 game console. PlayStation owners across the country will now have the opportunity to watch every out-of-market Sunday game on their PS3. DIRECTV and PlayStation announce NFL SUNDAY TICKET on PS3 How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home. NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV-exclusive sports package that offers: * Up to 14 NFL games every Sunday * Full HD for every football game * DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel We know that PlayStation fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL SUNDAY TICKET is the perfect complement to the PS3’s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter. We’ll have more info, including a video tutorial and sign up information on the blog shortly. I hope you’re as excited for the football season as we are.

You can do PS3 if you subscribe to DirecTV, NFLST ($324-$336), and ToGo($50).

Or you can do PS3 if you can't get DirecTV (apartment, college, etc) and pay $340.

You cannot pay just $50 and get it, the package for non-DirecTV customers is $340.

You can do PS3 if you subscribe to DirecTV, NFLST ($324-$336), and ToGo($50).

Or you can do PS3 if you can't get DirecTV (apartment, college, etc) and pay $340.

You cannot pay just $50 and get it, the package for non-DirecTV customers is $340.

I knew it sounded to good to be true !

Ok, I've d/l ed the ST for the Android phone, everytime I try to open it, it says " Network Error", I close and try again with the same results.

My wifi is connected as I am using it to d/l the App.

Ok, I've d/l ed the ST for the Android phone, everytime I try to open it, it says " Network Error", I close and try again with the same results.

My wifi is connected as I am using it to d/l the App.
the app isn't working yet

Thanks guys, now is there software for the computer, or PS3 that would need to be d/l ed ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)