Super dish question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And while we are at it, send Tron a few of the FSS LNBs, too.
Or I will if I wind up with too many.
He seems to like 'em. - :up

Thanks for the thought, Anole :) Actually, I recently scored a box of four Superdish 121 LNB assemblies (feedhorns, LNBs, and shrouds), all brand new in their original boxes, for very little money. Since Dish should be phasing these out soon, they'll be "useless" items, and we should be able to get plenty for experimentation ;)

gettin' a little OT on feedhorns

Just keeping a lookout for the good guys there, Tron. - :up
I'll fix Lumpkin up with some in a week or so, but shhhhhh - don't tell him. - :rolleyes:

Yea, with the retirement of 105 and 121 birds from Dish-service, all that unused hardware goes in the dumpster.
I wonder how much the company paid for it all?
I'm sure they made it all back in spades.

The only Superdishes I've ever seen, were stamped metal.
I understand some, maybe in the 105 area, were the molded type.
I wouldn't mind playing with some of those, but bigger being better, they're not really exciting.

And out here, we had the 121 hardware, like you got.
There were some comments a while back by JerryT, where I think he took a bandsaw between the 119/121 feedhorns, if that appeals to you.
When I get a suitable (big) dish, I'm planning on trying to put some of the tall feedhorns like Mike Kohl * sold, very close together, and see what works out.
If ya are interested, you and I might need to swap some of your long-neck for some of my short-neck eliptical feeds, so we can stack 'em close side by side... ;)

* see picture below

Attachments

• SingleStacked.gif
    SingleStacked.gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 103
Sounds like a good idea :) I have surplus 121 feeds, not a problem. I just wish that both barrels were designed for linear signals. They're probably able to fudge a bit with the two degree spacing, since one of the two birds is a DBS powerhouse, and therefore exact placement is not as critical for an acceptable signal. I'd love to try the thin, tall 105 feedhorns on a T-90, as JerryT did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)